S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which brand is the best? I am thinking ACDelco. Is there a better aftermarket brand I should go for?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
gatorback for sure. Autozone carries them. I'm not sure who else.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes....... Gatorback

·
Registered
218 Posts
I like Gates from Napa.

I've heard of a lot of people having problems with Gatorbacks coming apart.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
definitely NOT gates.....Every one I've put on keeps squeeling after like 5,000 miles.....I return it and get a new one so I'm not going to bitch a ton, but they suck....if I didn't have a hookup I'd just throw it away, though autozone can't seem to find a gatorback even though you give them the part number, the GOODYEAR part number......I hate autozone....

·
Registered
218 Posts
SummerWolf said:
definitely NOT gates.....Every one I've put on keeps squeeling after like 5,000 miles.....I return it and get a new one so I'm not going to bitch a ton, but they suck....if I didn't have a hookup I'd just throw it away, though autozone can't seem to find a gatorback even though you give them the part number, the GOODYEAR part number......I hate autozone....
You should check out your pullies (especially the tensioner), The solid grooves of the Gates belts are less forgiving of misalignment than the belts with cross cut grooves.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
its definitely not the pullies.....I've had that experience with other cars and when I worked at the parts store it was a common complaint

·
Registered
175 Posts
gator back think it was almost 30 bucks...ive put one on everything ive ever owned

·
Unregistered User
3,591 Posts
I have a dayco. Was going to get a gatorback, but it had a 30day warranty as opposed to a 1year warrenty with the dayco. They were priced about the same.
I have yet to install it though. I bought it for my underdrive pullies which are still sitting on the shelf.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The gatorback by ALL means hands down is the best belt. Especially with the vortech installed. I have tried Dates, Delco and another brand from Pep Boys. The gator back is the one that would not slip with the blower installed regardless of how much boost I run. I typically see 10 psi too.

So gator back is the BEST i have seen so far 5000 miles and no slipping.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i just bought a used 93 sonoma from a little old man 190000 km, needless to say it runs great so im testin the limits the 2nd and the belt breaks, i swear it was the stock ac delco, so i bought a napa and it squeals likea bitch,

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I have used nothing but Dayco belts. They are great!! Gatorbacks are overrated!! My friend put one on his 67 Impala SS and drove it like 10 miles came home and put the Dayco right back on. Gatorbacks slip and squeal like crazy!

·
loco hombre
3,461 Posts
Gatorbacks slipping? I haven't ever heard of that. Granted, I haven't had much experience with them but they seem to be pretty highly rated.

·
Registered
557 Posts
What size belt should I get for my truck? It's a 99' Xtreme 4.3L.

·
Registered
533 Posts
For god sakes my god they made serpt. belts without goodyears designs for years pick up the AC delco for god sakes

1 - 20 of 22 Posts