S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
BlazinOn18s
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i purchased a "BRAND NEW" set of Boyd coddington SMoothie 2's and i came across to look at them today.. It looks like the LIP on the Back of the rim has a Really really really SLit Bend in it.. Its bending in towards Where the Tire would Be.. Will i need to do somthing about this? Or will it be fine.. I mean its such a Slight bend but im not sure if im going to have a problem.Will it hold air?. Here is a Pic..

·
BlazinOn18s
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i actuelly got them offline so it will take for ever to try to get these people to refund me a new rim.. They will tell me its my fault im sure.. So u dont think it will hold air ?

·
BLUEBYU
465 Posts
Looks like you got one of Boyd's cheap made wheels.If it got that damaged in shipping what will happen when you hit a pothole.The Smoothie 2 wheels are cast made just like the Eagle wheels.And we all know how cheap they are.

·
BlazinOn18s
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheap made?! I doubt that.. But im not sure if they got damnaged in shippoing either.. becouse the wheels where packaged awsome and there was no Dents or anything in the boxs..

·
BLUEBYU
465 Posts
Check around all of the S-10 websites and you will find out Boyd wheels are the ones that seem to always get bent.And the Smoothie 2's are in the cast line wheel that Boyd offers.That's why they don't shine is because they are cast.You can't buy and Billet Specialties or Intro's for what you gave for those Boyd's.I saw a set of 17x8 Smoothie's the other day for $895 and a set of 18x8's for $1095.

·
Super Moderator
4,755 Posts
Iwoukd still consider it damaged in shipping or could hsave been done at the factory

·
PPG Sprayin Minitrucker
1,038 Posts
BADRIDES said:
Check around all of the S-10 websites and you will find out Boyd wheels are the ones that seem to always get bent.And the Smoothie 2's are in the cast line wheel that Boyd offers.That's why they don't shine is because they are cast.You can't buy and Billet Specialties or Intro's for what you gave for those Boyd's.I saw a set of 17x8 Smoothie's the other day for $895 and a set of 18x8's for $1095.
He posted this thread for help with a ?. Not for you to bash on the rims Im sure he spent alot of hard earned money on.

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
Proballer25 said:
Cheap made?! I doubt that.. But im not sure if they got damnaged in shippoing either.. becouse the wheels where packaged awsome and there was no Dents or anything in the boxs..
You might have file a claim with the shipping carrier, i wouldnt put that on my truck though, even if you can beat it out to look ok it will still be weak there and one bad hit will bend it again.

Also i have been seeing alot of people with bent boyds, cast and the other billet ones, dont know if they are made the same, i think all rims are prone to bending, but the fact is that you didnt do this and you deserve one that isnt bent, i still say demand a new one.

·
BlazinOn18s
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea man ill do that.. I alrdy tryed to bash it with a rubber mallet for shits and gigles the thing will not move LOL.

·
BlazinOn18s
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Exactly how i feel becouse i have a Time for tommorow to get new tires.. LOL

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
I would try to get a new rim from the place you bought them at. Shipping couriers are a PITA to get claims from. If it over a certain value they have to send a rep. out to inspect packaging and everything to make sure it really was damaged in shipping.

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Im sure that wasnt done during shipping, that website you bought them from probably had one of those returned bent and sold them back off to you. Sucks you already gave them a good rating on E-bay.

·
BlazinOn18s
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I contacted the guy ANd he is going to ship me out a new rim... And pay to ship the screwed up one back..So it worked out good and the guy is a wicked cool shit.:guitar:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts