S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday I went out to a local junkyard in search of the elusive 1st gen bench seat. Much to my surprise they had one. It was it pretty good condition. It was in the bed of an old s-10 so it was exposed to the weather. I don't see one hole in the seat at all, it was just dirty. I got a black bench seat cover for it for the time being until I can order the bench seat cover kit from LMC truck. Also much to my suprise, the old s-10 at the wrecker had the same dash as mine which now means my dash has 4 vents in place of where the holes have been ever since I got the truck. Sorry for the poor camera quality but heres a quick shot of the bench before cleaning. I will have installed pictures up later. Anyone know what size torx bolts the seat has in it? I want to remove the top of the bench from the bottom so I can route my switchbox through the middle of the seat without disconnecting all the wires.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Would love to find someone like you when I'm ready to download my bench seat. It's already been re-foamed and recovered in leather. Perfect shape.

Just need to find the right buckets first.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea everyone takes out the benches for the bucket seats, I am doing the opposite. I would like to be able to legally haul three people without one sitting in between the buckets. I also like the older look of the bench seats to. I got it in yesterday. It sits up higher than my buckets did, my head it almost touching the roof. Of course having a small sub box behind the bench seat means it won't go all the way back but it is comfortably for me. My only problem is the bench seat cover I got doesn't fit very tightly. It is a universal one and is way larger than it needs to be. That means there's fold and wrinkles in it. I tried to tuck it in as best as I could. It is only temporary though until I get the vinyl recovering kit from LMC in black and I will redo the seat red. I do have two bucket seats I may consider selling locally. They may be out of a blazer. The driver seat has a hole in the cloth. They are black vinyl front and sides and the part you sit on is a grayish cloth.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the torx bit is 50 btw if anyone was wondering the same question. I got one yesterday.

·
4x4 v6 blazer
7,521 Posts
Damn I have 3 bench seats in parts trucks. Didn't know they were hard to find

·
Useless posting member
10,828 Posts
T-47 Torx bits fit better, with less chance of stripping the bolt than a T-50 will. You may have to use a penetrating oil and heat the bolt up from underneath the cab with a torch to get it out.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn I have 3 bench seats in parts trucks. Didn't know they were hard to find
They may not be to hard to find where you live but around me finding a bench seat in decent condition is pretty hard, most of them have holes, broke springs ect.

Anyway here is a picture of the bench seat installed with the seat cover on it to hide the ugly maroon cloth. The seat cover is a lot bigger than it needs to be so there is wrinkles and folds in the cover. I tried to tuck it in the best I could but it is hard to hide. This cover is only temporary until I order the vinyl recovering kit from LMC and recover the seat in a black vinyl.

·
4x4 v6 blazer
7,521 Posts
I also have a 2nd gen bench but i know those are kinda rare.

·
WWW.CAROLINATRUCKSCENE.
2,158 Posts
I loved my bench seat originally. But after having to drive great distances alot I went with 1st gen mint bravada buckets and a 2nd gen center console.
That's how it used to look.

the new.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I like it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts