S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 S10 with a bench seat. I can buy a pair of 2003 S10 bucket seats but they are located out of town so I have not examined their rails,mounting positions, etc. Can someone tell me if these bucket seats will bolt into my 1991? Does $200 sound about right to pay for a pair of 2003 seats?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I looked around in the interior forum without any luck. Salvage yard has the seats I'm interested in but they will be closed until next Monday. I was hoping to install this weekend but I don't want to blow $200 on something that will not work. Bought my truck just last week, old seats HAVE TO GO.

·
Useless posting member
10,828 Posts
i doubt if they will fit. the salvage yard should know if they will bolt up correctly. one of my friends has an 89 s10 and he took bucket seats out of a camaro and they bolted up fine. he also has a 302 camaro engine V8 and camaro console in it.

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
they wont bolt up directly what you must do is go to the junk yard and find an old set of blazer seats, pull the brackets off of them then mount them to any seat you want, the outer two holes are the same but you can drill out the inside ones and its very very easy. here is a pic of my install in my 92

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your response and the pic. After looking at ebay seat pictures, and reading everything I could find, I could see that simply switching to new s10 bucket seats wouldn't work...namely the front right leg is too long, etc. Do you suppose late model blazer seats will bolt in or must I add the old blazer guides/brackets as you recommend above? I am slightly desperate since the old bench seat is removed and new mail order carpet is here.

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
for the first gen s-10 you would have to use the 1st gen blazers (83-94) and use those seat brackets because the contours in the floor are the same as in the s-10. good luck

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it. Thanks for the clarification. Removed old carpet only to find the mat underneat was wet on both driver and passenger sides. Some rust just starting on the driver side. So whatever is happening is new. Window rubber trim looks brittle and roof rail rubber looks stiff and probably not working properly however the rubber foam door trim looks great. I cannot believe that car wash spray could have been the source for so much dampness. Any ideas on where the water might be coming from??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts