S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished my YORK this weekend. The brackets look alot like the air commander but they are more beefy and they were FREE! It pumps my 5 gallon tank from 110 to 140 in 10sec and that is at idle. At 3000rpms it takes 4sec. I need a pressure switch that I can set the pressure for it to come on and to turn off. Anyone have a fully adjustable pressure switch laying around?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yeah if you guys want a Nitrogen regulator mine is in the for sale forum

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
When did sqaureD start making a 220 PSI version. I see no literature anywhere on this.

All I have seen is the 150 and 200 PSI Max, as well as the other smaller ones. I would actually suggest the 200 PSI adjustable one that shAIM sells, as bad as it sounds. It will always keep your tanks filled at whatever pressure you set it at. And because engine driven compressors don't have a duty cycle, they can run for long periods of time without burning up.

·
Ol' Skool Member
395 Posts
Got any pictures of how u mounted it? Did you use a Serp. Or V-Belt system?

thanks

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I made my own bracket. I used a V belt with a pully bolted to my water pump pully

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ill get pics when I can. I just took a regular york, and made my own brackets to hold it off the right side of the motor and the V belt in line with a V-pulley I bolted to the face of my water pump pulley. Then built a tensioner and it was done. At driving speed it takes 4 seconds to fill a 5 gallon from 110-145

·
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
1,067 Posts
wat engine

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its a 2.2

·
DTC built
1,300 Posts
Is it ok to run a pulley for an high pressure air compressor off of the water pump. Seems like water pump bearings go out pretty easy. I would hate to change my water pump out again, it was a bitch.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that is where the air commander bolts on , on one of their kits.....so I imagine its ok

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
I know I am going to sound like an ass, but...... I did the same thing about a year and a half ago. I did a how to and its in the HOW TO section of the forum. If anyone wants to see how to do this then it is an excelent page to look at. I cant stand doing all of that work and not getting any credit, grrrrr.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah man I saw your HOW TO, but my compressor is on the other side. SO Its alot different, but it is a good how to

1 - 18 of 18 Posts