S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Phatty Bo Batty
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Im new to the boards....Im thinking about just trying to drop my truck as much as I possibly can without bags. I've heard good things bout belltech, and I've read good things about belltech, but I wanna get the opinions of all you guys.

I got a 2001 S-10 single cab, short bed. And I wanna SLAM it as much as I possibly can. What do ya'll recommend?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm using Belltech stuff and I am happy with what I got. You can lower it as much as you want it's just how far you want to slam it. I only did a 2" drop and I like mune

·
Phatty Bo Batty
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only reason I ask is cause I was checking out Truckin June 02 issue and stylin concepts had like a 10 page advertisement thing in it. And in one part of it, it had mild, sports, and SLAMMED.....so I didn't know if there was an actual kit or do I have to pic out the things. Which sucks...cause heh...I'll prolly get ripped off if thats the case.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
yes Phatty they make kits that are all put together for you so there is little guesswork involved. if you really want to slam it, go 5" in the front, and 6" in the back. that will be really low, and anything more will be a huge hassle for a daily driver. but stay with Belltech...theyre products are really good and ive never had a problem. lata

dave

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
phatty, i'll relay this story to you for whatever you want to get out of it...

i first started on my stock s10 January 1st this year. I got 18s, then I said to myself, 'Hey I'll drop it to the ground and bag it later when I get the cash.' Well slamming it 5/6 ran me just under 900 bucks for parts and labor. Looking back I coulda saved some doing the labor myself, but I've learned a lot since then.

Now my truck's exterior is almost completely done, and I'm looking to bag it but that 800ish bucks is what I'm short on getting the bagkit together.

If you want my advice for what it's worth... bag it the first time if you are planning on bagging it.

My 2 cents... thats what I will do the next time.

·
body dropped
4,346 Posts
KALGOR IS A GENIUS !

Kalgor said:
phatty, i'll relay this story to you for whatever you want to get out of it...

i first started on my stock s10 January 1st this year. I got 18s, then I said to myself, 'Hey I'll drop it to the ground and bag it later when I get the cash.' Well slamming it 5/6 ran me just under 900 bucks for parts and labor. Looking back I coulda saved some doing the labor myself, but I've learned a lot since then.

Now my truck's exterior is almost completely done, and I'm looking to bag it but that 800ish bucks is what I'm short on getting the bagkit together.

If you want my advice for what it's worth... bag it the first time if you are planning on bagging it.

My 2 cents... thats what I will do the next time.
I'm in the same boat. 4/4 drop first, bags later. Should have went straight with the bags. The only thing I'm still using is the spindles.

·
Phatty Bo Batty
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AVTekk, thanks for the help..lol Im a little more confident now once I go to order my lowering kit. So with the 5/6 drop will it rub the wheel wells?

Kalgor, thanks for the advice too, I dont really know how to do the work myself, but Im sure it isn't that hard. Besides my dad will help.

I also plan on getting some 18" Panther Touch wheels, if I drop it that low and put 18's on...will it rub?

·
Phatty Bo Batty
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got_20s said:
Maybe in the front. I "had" a 4/4, I also "had" inner fenders.
LOL Aight, I'll make sure and take care of it when the time comes.

·
Phatty Bo Batty
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Once I get ready to put them on I'll post again and then write down everything I need to watch for. Im trying to find a drop kit like 5/6 or 5/7 but the most for an S-10 I can find right now is a 5/5. :shrug:

·
Phatty Bo Batty
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's the reason why I think I will get ripped off. See I didn't even know it required 4 different pieces. I know, you guys are probably like :yikes: So anyway....Got_20s if you can be kind enough to me to send an e-mail and explain what I need to do to reach my goal of low as possible I would very much appreciate it.....thanks again

·
Registered
128 Posts
Here's what I had before bags:

Front:
2" drop spindles - this is definite cause it goes with bags
3" drop springs - actually I had stock springs with one full coil cut off, there's a story behind why I went that way
Removed bumpstops

Rear:
4" blocks w/ pinion correction and U-bolts
Removed one leaf out of the middle of the pack
Cut out bumpstops up to the frame

Truck sat with a slammed 6-7 drop. Ride was kinda rough but it looked sweet.

It cost me roughly 150 - 200 dollars parts and labor

·
Registered
94 Posts
you really have to plan ahead just like everyone is saying. Belltech dropped springs are expensive, so do not buy them if you are going to bag it. Buy the spindles and consider cutting one round out of the coil if you are just going to use it for a few months. I though that the spindle install was ugly, worth the effort but ugly.

·
Phatty Bo Batty
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, Im just going to lower it and thats it....no bags. I just wanna get it as low as possible just by lowering.......I want a 5/6 drop.

Lemme know what I need.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
for 5/6 drop youll need:

2" drop spindles
3" drop springs
3" ANGLED blocks
3" lowered leafs

drop shocks

thats it. have fun. good luck :)

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
5/6 drop(all belltech)

Front:
2" drop spindles $150
3" drop coils $89

Rear:
3" angled blocks $27
3" drop leafs $77 each(you need 2)

Prices from www.jegs.com
Or www.summitracing.com has the same stuff, similar prices. Both are great companies.

Installation is not exactly rocket science. Do it yourself and save $. You will need a front end alignment very bad once it's installed.

Good luck! :thumbup:

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
AVTekk said:
for 5/6 drop youll need:

2" drop spindles
3" drop springs
3" ANGLED blocks
3" lowered leafs

drop shocks

thats it. have fun. good luck :)