S-10 Forum banner

belltech lowering blocks???

2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  joe_villa 
#1 ·
finally got my 2" angled blocks (bel 6102) today. but the u-bolts are a little wider than the stock ones. the truck's axle diameter is 2-3/4", but the u-bolt from the belltech kit has an inside daimeter of 3-3/16".

aparently belltech includes a universal size u-bolts in all thier kits. so i could either get a costom u-bolt made for $10.00cdn a piece, or modify the one that came with the kit.

what did you guys do when you installed your blocks?

thanks....

#3 ·
I noticed that mine were a little bigger, but I just used them anyway and they work fine. just make sure you chech to see if they are tight after 100 or so miles.

#5 ·
well, finally finished my truck. took me the whole day sunday. alignment on tuesday... looks sweet!!!

drove it around all day today, no vibration, doesn't pull, and it doesn't bottom out, no rub just perfect.

the ubolts are fine. it's a bit too long, but nothing a zipcut can fix...

thanks guys.

#8 ·
here it is guys. i took this pic as soon as i finished lowering it in my driveway. 3" coils up front, 2" block at back.

when i measured it, the front came down 7/8", bit less thatn i wanted, and the back came down exaxtly 2".

Attachments

#14 ·
Price said:
You sure thats all it lowered it???? are you sure they were 3inch drop coils? I think mine lowered it more than that, how much from the finderlip to the ground?
i havent measured the fenderlip height, but the center of wheel to fenderlip distance before is 15 1/4" before. and 14 3/8" after.

i was expecting a 1 1/2" drop but all i got is 7/8". still good though coz i dont want it too low.

#16 ·
no... you dont get it.

the xtreme comes with a lowered 2" coil spring from the factory, which is 2" lower compared to a regular s10. so, if i installed a 3" lowered coil spring, it will only bring my truck down 1", but it will be 3" lower than a regular s10.

now, since every truck is different, a 1" drop is not carved in stone. it could vary from 1 1/4" - 3/4". in my case, it's 7/8".

btw, here's a before and after pics:

Attachments

#19 ·
Xtrm21... mine is a daily driver also....i havent had a clearance problem yet w/ a 2/3......and if you get 3 inch drop in back your gonna want to cut the bumps completely off unless u dont mind bottoming out over every bump

#20 ·
Xtrm21 said:
nice before and after pics....i like that way that looks. I've been thinking about a 2/3 but i dont wanna be too low cause its my daily driver and that might be a hassle. The blocks brought that rear down nice. Did ya cut bump stops at all?
yeah, mine's a daily driver too. i've heared a lot of horror stories about the front airdam scraping on xtremes with 2/3 drop. it's not too bad on reg cabs cos they're short, but you really gotta be carefull on xcabs specially on driveways. 1/2 is just perfect for me.

about bumpstops, i bought a 1" tall universal bumpstops in front. and i cut my rear bumpstops in half. i had to move the rear parking brake cable coz it will hit my xhaust pipe... not a big deal, just a couple of tywraps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.