S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
8em up
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1982 S15 with a 1965 283. I'm replacing the 350T with a T5 transmission. I'm not sure what bell housing or hydralic system to use. I have a bell housing that fits both but not sure what its from. So I dont know what hydrolic system or clutch fork to look for. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.
S15

·
L98 Blazer
519 Posts
you can use the bell housing and hydraulics from a camaro, but you will need the camaro T5 as the tranny is tilted for ground clearance. what are you using for exhaust? if you have headers, you will need a hydraulic throwout bearing, because there isn't room for a slave cylinder.

·
8em up
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Around what year camaro does the bell housing have to come from? I have room for the slave cylinder w/ 3" headers. Thanks for the info.
S15

·
L98 Blazer
519 Posts
i think you are looking for any 3rd gen camaro. the 88 donor i had used this style. unless you are using fender well exit headers, they aren't going to work with the slave cylinder, but go ahead and try if you'd like.

·
takes 2 balls in our game
5,666 Posts
I literally just went throughthis....headers will not fit with a camaro bell and the camaro hydraulics.If you use a hydraulic throwout bearing (i did and just trimmed the slave mounting bracket off) then you can.just make sure you use a steel braided line,headers get hot as hell!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts