S-10 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Got 20's?
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i managed to find a couple of behind and under rear bag kits pictures, now i am trying to find that with shocks.

post pics!!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
x00 said:
i managed to find a couple of behind and under rear bag kits pictures, now i am trying to find that with shocks.

post pics!!
Ill try to take you some in a bit and post them up for ya ..
- Mike

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Ok, here are some pics of how i did my shocks. I got 4 of those shocks stud thigs from sd.com that are made to go on round bars and i put two together on the top bar of the behind / under brackets and i put the other two on the bottom of the behind / under lower bag brackets. The shocks are from autozone and are supposed to be for a 1989 Dodge Caravan. Believe me, it took me and my buddy at autozone about 45 min of searching through the back and measuring to find the right size shock! The back of the truck rides awesome! And the shocks were very cheap..

- Mike

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
That looks allot like mine lol same setup lol,

I will get pics up when I get home.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
F9000's

·
Got 20's?
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
woo awsome...i dont know if i would be able to do them like that (thepunkerguy) i got the 2800 series slam bag and those bitches are prett wide...

more pics!!!! if you got pics of round notch & behind under that would be awsome too!

·
Got 20's?
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i read that 2800 bag is gonna ride just about as good as the F9000

plus i like the fact that it can take more then 100psi...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
x00 said:
i read that 2800 bag is gonna ride just about as good as the F9000

plus i like the fact that it can take more then 100psi...

Eh, i put like 180psi in my F9000s all the time and they are fine
- Mike

·
Got 20's?
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thepunkerguy said:
Eh, i put like 180psi in my F9000s all the time and they are fine
- Mike
eh, i think in the long run the slams will be able to take alot more abuse. either way i alraedy have the bags so no turning back now.

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
I just realized that you only have those shock mounts basically tacked on ...arent you worried about them cracking off?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Myst said:
I just realized that you only have those shock mounts basically tacked on ...arent you worried about them cracking off?
what the worst that could happen?...he would re weld them....plus they look solid enough to hold

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
DailyDrivenDime said:
what the worst that could happen?...he would re weld them....plus they look solid enough to hold
yea but when you have that much pressure ...why do it twice ..I was just saying I noticed...personally I dont think its something you should do ...but to each his own

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Actually, they are way stonger than they look. At the time, that was the best way to do it without alot of extra fabrication. They have been on there for over a year now and havn't budged, cracked, or tweaked an inch. I pop up the back with 200psi daily and the shocks bottom out to limit my bags travel and they have held strong. The only thing that has happened is that i have knocked a few of the lower shock bolts out, that was just because i didnt have loctite or lock washers on them, so I would have to say its a pretty solid setup
- Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts