S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Can-EH-Dian
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ast month I bought a 88 S10 5 speed with a 2.8L V6. Did some of the body work on it and had it painted. Heres some pics
before

(lower case D to save weight)
After

Also had it sprayed with a box liner... not impressed with this

My first truck. Im looking to get some aluminum wheels for it too

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
looks like a nice transformation, sorry to see your bed liner guys ****ed up... you say anything to them? good luck with it!

·
Can-EH-Dian
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The guy that put in the bedliner is a friend of a friend and he also did the paint.
I forgot to take before pictures of the bottom corners of the box where it rusted away compleatly. along with the huge dents in the wheel wells in the box

Plans? new tires and wheels and not sure what else

·
Can-EH-Dian
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
itsalifestyle said:
looks good man..but that bed liner stuff would make me sooo mad. Are they going to fix it?
Cant realy do much since its already dryed. I need to get some plastic pieces to go around the box lip and the top of the tail gate. I dont want my canope to scratch my paint, the canope is only going to be used for camping, Already have 2 girls that will join me in there since they hate sleeping in tents

I realy need to get a CD player for my truck. It only has a AM radio :haha:

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
looks like a clean first gen whats the interior look like

·
Can-EH-Dian
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dropped94 said:
looks like a clean first gen whats the interior look like
Dirty very dirty and dusty. I need to clean it, Least my seats are not riped like the outher trucks I was looking at

interior pic

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
for a company truck that old it is really pretty clean good luck with it :tup:

·
Can-EH-Dian
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The dumbo mirriors are staying... There geting replaced with some chrome ones that I took off a blazer that was going to the junk yard that was in my uncles tow yard.

Paint turned out ok. Looks great from 10 feet away but if your upclose you will notice some stuff. Along the bottom of the truck the body the painter sprayed boxliner then painted over it. Should protect it from rocks since im going to be doing alot of offroad driveing

Yeah for a old company truck it turned out nice. Theres only 140,xxx km on it (80,xxx miles)

Thanks for the complements

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
BlackEsDime said:
damn... I'm looking for a beat ass truck just like that for a daily dragger so i can tear my other truck down again
damn dont you have to put it together the fist time before you "tear it down again" lol j/k

·
Registered Asshole
4,125 Posts
cool. neat lil project truck. looks 200% better with new paint. i say wheels, tires, and a bit of a drop just to set it off from the crowd.

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
I say wheels and a rollpan but if you plan on going offroad like you said I would leave it stock height[<---cant beleive I said that lol] and just try to fill up the fender wells with bigger tires

·
murse
13,200 Posts
damn dood. good job! i like the color man. sucks about the bed liner shit. i would have raised hell no matter who it was!

·
Can-EH-Dian
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I talked to the painter about some of the runs in the paint and he sayed he would take care of them

I also forgot to mention I paid 1400 dollars Canadian for the truck

1 - 20 of 22 Posts