S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
NOT DONE TO MANY PROBLEMS
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey I was wondering if I should get spray on bedliner for the lower pannels all around my truck. Also would brush on look good too? I need to find some that i could do my self like in an arisoft can or can any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
dont use spray in bed liner its chunky.. gravel guard, u can buy them by the spray can, 1 should be more then enough to go all around ur truck, its also paintable as well.

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
my plan was to use my leftover bedliner for lower sections,still haven't gotten around to it,though.

if you've got chunky bedliner somethings wrong.not all gravel guard is paintable,read the can if you go that route.

·
Registered
430 Posts
today all i did was use some black paint and mix it with playground sand and it looks good to me ill post pics when i put on the second coat tom if u wanna see.

·
Registered
388 Posts
What ever product you spray on there, you need to be very careful to tape off the area and sand any clearcoat away. The guys at Rhino-Liner sprayed the bottom few inches of my truck two years ago and they aparently missed a spot when they were sanding. With all the flexing of the poly-urithane, it's causing the clearcoat to lift up and flake off in front of my back tire. It looks aweful now and it will only get worse. I really need to get it into a shop to have that area re-cleared. I just haven't wanted to spend any more money.

I regret having it sprayed in the first place.

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
if the clear is coming off theres a different problem.not rhino missing a spot sanding.i've seen them prep and it's a joke,a red scuff pad.come on!this stuffs goin' on over an 1/8 inch thick and they use the equivalent of 400 grit.i personally hand sanded every nook and cranny of my bed(twice,i wrecked it) with 180 before i sprayed my bedliner.i've never heard of bedliner attacking clearcoat,even a re-paint unless that was prepped poorly.

·
Registered
388 Posts
This was on a 3 month old truck. It started peeling right at the transition between the paint and poly-urithane. It started out as just a little yellow bubble, and now a 6'' tall area has completly flaked off. The only way to fix it would be to sand the edges smooth and re-clear.

·
NOT DONE TO MANY PROBLEMS
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I looked up the price of that stuff and it is $114 a case thats 12 one liter each. Too much for me. I am doing it to cover up improfections and keep it from rusting anymore. It will be sanded to metal so no problem there. Paint isn't going to work in my case i want something thicker that will keep the rust from spreading. This is going on my 500 dollar beater, i want it to look somewhat good thats why i wanted to spray that part of the truck.

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
rhino liner wont do that, you have a different problem. if u do rhino liner over clear it wil just flake off in a couple days....

·
Registered
388 Posts
blazin24, if you have rust, bed liner is not going to stick permanently to your truck. You might want to coat it down with Os-pho. Eastwood has some kind of epoxi/tar stuff for fixing holes. There's also, something called cold tar epoxi. That I'm having sprayed under my older truck. It has to be sprayed on bare metal though.

The Rhino Liner is on there an 1/8" thick so it's not going to flake off. It is very well stuck to the clear. If I pick at the raised edge of the Rhino Liner it makes the clear lift up from the paint. There's an air space between the clear and the paint caused by the Rhino Liner flexing from rocks hitting it or whatever. It may not have happened if the edge had been sprayed closer to the body (not so thick).

I wish there were some way to stop it from getting worse. If I could disolve the clear in that area, I could coat it down with Liquid Glass. Would Xylene work?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts