S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2 LAYLO
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much does a short bed on a first generation weigh. just the bed totally stock. Been searching just havent found anything on just how much the bed weighs, thanks fellas

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I would guess between 275 to 325 pounds. Never actually weighed the thing, but my buddy and I can move it pretty easily.

·
BLACK DEATH
1,003 Posts
yeah, it's nothin to move with just 2 people, one at each wheel well, heck, I pulled my old one off my truck myself

·
Who Dat
1,136 Posts
I don't think they weigh that much. When I had my bed off a couple months ago, me and my dad could move it around pretty easily. So maybe 150-200lbs. max.

·
2 LAYLO
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i know its easy to move bcause mine is off for the stock floor we are doing to it. I put new slam bags in the rear with the 5 link and it holds the frame up some which the cab isnt on and will bring it down and i just needed to know the bed weight i appreciate it. I thought it was close to 300 pounds on a guess

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,047 Posts
it is easy to move around, 2 people would have no problems

·
91 S-10 Pickup 4x4
1,082 Posts
1fast4by said:
it is easy to move around, 2 people would have no problems

HAHA we had four people to lift a dually bed onto a Ford dually truck jacked up 7 inches. In the end we just used some chain and a backhoe to put it on. As for the S10 bed, 2 people should be ample.

·
2 LAYLO
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I KNOW 2 PEOPLE CAN PICK IT UP LOL. ive taken my bed off a few times in my day. I just was curious of the over all weight of the bed. I know its not hard to lift the bed.

·
life begins @ 20 psi
672 Posts
Several years ago, a member on our forum was looking to get carbon fiber beds made for our trucks (syclones). He wanted to know how heavy the bed was to see how much weight savings could be had. Ergo, I stepped up to the plate:

"198 pound bed. Yes, the weight of the saw horses was tared... "

"32.5 pound tailgate."

The top pic is the bed only, no tailgate or rollpan. The cladding is prolly adds about 30-40 pounds to the weight. And no carbon fiber beds ever materialized...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts