S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Idiot at Large
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I live in a remote New England town and the roads here aren't in very good condition. However, it seems when I'm driving, even on a moderate road, my bed is all over the place. Even when I brake I notice it happening. The bed constantly hits the back of the cab. I have a couple paint scratches right below the rear window on the sides, and it's very apparent it's from the bed. How would I go about fixing this? just bring it to a dealer or body shop and have the realign the bed or something? Cause it moves around a helluva lot. :mixed:

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
ya make sure nothings loose.. or just take the bed completey off, then put it back on making sure all the screws are tight and none are missing like XtremelyClean said.... if it still does it take it to the dealer, is it still under warrenty?

·
Early Member
3,114 Posts
Sounds like some bolts are loose or missing.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
i live in Trumbull near bridgeport..ill drive up there and check it out for ya..just give me some pizza!

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
i talked to him last night for a bit about it. the front 4 bolts are there, they might be loose tho, but he said he couldn't turn them by hand tools. i know i had a difficult time with the bolts with hand tools as well, so the bolts still could be loose.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts