S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i am looking for something to coat the inside of my bed with. I dont want to spend hundreds on a rhino/linex deal. So i was curious as to what else i can use? Something inexpensive yet its durable to daily driving conditions/can be washed etc. POR15?? Or is there maybe a spray on liner i can do myself? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah i forgot to add, reason im asking is i had a 94' s10 before my 98' and i used some spray on liner i got from autozone and it looked good for about a week, then after i washed it/sun touched it. It faded/chipped and then within 2 weeks or so it was all nasty looking.. I was thinking maybe POR15?? Since im using that on my frame as well, not sure tho.

·
S10LuvR
105 Posts
the spraycan ruberized truck bed lining is junk. Tried it once and threw it away, Autozone has some rhino lining for like 90 bucks or walmart has some duplicolor truck bed lining in a gallon for 40 and the applicator kit is 10. I just bought my dad some for his truck and should be getting it on this week sometime, i'll have to let ya know how it works out (hey if anything for 50 bucks it looks better than a rusty bed lol)

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have a plastic drop in 'Duraliner' bedliner (anyone who wants it can have it for 40 bucks actually. I want a durable spray on liner. Ill figure something out, was just wondering if anyone here did the same thing im looking to do.

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
POR15 is supposed to be pretty bullet proof stuff once it's dried. If you wanted to add some texture you could sprinkle sand on it while still wet to give it a gripping surface. I saw them do this on some show on TV. Not sure how durable like rubber undercoating would be for a bed. It might be junk too.

·
Registered
779 Posts
if it were me id do por15 for the rust protection, then get that roll on hurculiner stuff and put that over it. my friend did the back of his elcamino in it and it still looks good almost a year later.

·
First Gen FTW!
1,798 Posts
Man i have sprayed in almost all the different spray in liners and the best i have used so far has been some liner called gator guard which is in my truck and SEM spray in liner, but you have to have the gun to spray it with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts