S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Temporarily I welded in a set of toyota b rear tubs, that was fine until I relized that they didnt provide enough clearance, so they are coming out for sure. I have a half a sheet of 16 gauge still left over so I was going to do something with it, but since I'm dealing with 16 gauge its goin to be hard as hell to bend this into shape, so I was thinking about just welding in square tubs smooth with the upper bedrail, that should provide enough clearance for about any wheel of choice. Does anyone have any pics of a nice looking bed floor for ideas?? lol I cant even make sense of what I typed, I hope you all figure out what I'm asking for.....

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
lower your floor pan where the seats bolt in at so you wont lose any head room with that extra metal...sheet metal the whole bed sssmmmooooootttthhhh later on.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not really going to worry about lowering the seats right now (too much cutting and welding) because later on I want to get a set of those uncomfortable racing seats, they should be low enough to keep me out of the roof, lol I'm not that big of a guy so its not a big deal.

What I was thinking is making it to where the top of the tub goes smooth with the bedrail like I said earlier and then the sides going down at an angle to where its not a complete square. I dont quite know yet, I guess I'll figure it out sometime in the next couple of weeks, it sucks my drop is going to have to be stopped for a week because I'm going up to Indiana to see my mom, and check out my next truck, an older s-10 FREEBIE!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Most racing seats dont really lower you that much(my .02). I have them in my truck and i actually think my stock seats are about the same height.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts