S-10 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the driver's side of my truck the bed and cab body line do not match up (see picture). The passenger's side is fine. It's been this way since I bought the truck and is something I'd like to correct. What would be the fix for this?
20210710_194052.jpg
20210710_194100.jpg

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,524 Posts
Could be the biscuits are bad… or the mounts are rusted away.

Reactions: bikerider

·
Registered
01 s10 extreme, 99 s10 "prerunner", 69 c/10, 20 z71 trail boss
7 Posts
A handful of u-shaped body shims with about 15-20 minutes of manual labor & you'd be all squared away

·
Been there Done it
11,873 Posts
Remember these are cheap trucks. It's probably been that way since new. I'd see if you can tighten the rear body mounting bolt any. Check both the rear and center ones on that side to be sure they are installed correctly and all the pieces are there on both. I have one on my rust belt ZR2 where the bottom big washer just rusted thru and fell off. Did while I had it on the hoist. I heard it happen. But now that bolt isn't putting any tension on that mounts biscuits. I doubt that's your problem seeing how rust free your truck is. I'm not even going to worry about it around here. Something else will fall off tomorrow.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A handful of u-shaped body shims with about 15-20 minutes of manual labor & you'd be all squared away
For someone who is somewhat mechanically inclined is that a do it yourself project?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Remember these are cheap trucks. It's probably been that way since new. I'd see if you can tighten the rear body mounting bolt any. Check both the rear and center ones on that side to be sure they are installed correctly and all the pieces are there on both. I have one on my rust belt ZR2 where the bottom big washer just rusted thru and fell off. Did while I had it on the hoist. I heard it happen. But now that bolt isn't putting any tension on that mounts biscuits. I doubt that's your problem seeing how rust free your truck is. I'm not even going to worry about it around here. Something else will fall off tomorrow.
You're talking about all of the bed mounting bolts right?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,524 Posts
Before you go out and buy a bunch of stuff you may not need, I'd get under it and try to figure out why there's a mismatch.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,524 Posts
There are, or should be some small pads on the frame that act as an anti-squeak. They're not very thick, but the mismatch isn't a lot either.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Before you go out and buy a bunch of stuff you may not need, I'd get under it and try to figure out why there's a mismatch.
There are, or should be some small pads on the frame that act as an anti-squeak. They're not very thick, but the mismatch isn't a lot either.
That's the plan. Would those be the biscuits you mentioned earlier in the thread?

·
Registered
01 s10 extreme, 99 s10 "prerunner", 69 c/10, 20 z71 trail boss
7 Posts
If you know how to work a ratchet or a small battery powered impact this is a very do-able project, even just in your driveway....plus it helps you get more familiar with your truck. Also, if you happen to have an old tire laying around, like most of us seem to, you can cut rubber spacers, or shims out of the sidewall to get the height adjustment your needing...plus that ain't gonna squeak much....or cost anything. Good luck!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you know how to work a ratchet or a small battery powered impact this is a very do-able project, even just in your driveway....plus it helps you get more familiar with your truck. Also, if you happen to have an old tire laying around, like most of us seem to, you can cut rubber spacers, or shims out of the sidewall to get the height adjustment your needing...plus that ain't gonna squeak much....or cost anything. Good luck!
I do indeed. Thanks for the info. (y)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
View attachment 351683

mine is the same way, I've never shimmed the bed. I will once it's time to do the graphics
Your bed's tilt looks a bit less pronounced than mine. Now that a couple of you have mentioned it in this thread I'm wondering if some of these trucks left the factory like that. Nice ride btw. The wheels are unusual but look good with the truck's stance and mods. (y)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts