S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just beat a '96 Eclipse today. It was so sweet. I figured he was gonna kill me but i wanted to race anyway. I had him right off the line and led all the way up to about 90-95 (just guessin, speedo reads 85) until he passed me but still if it was a quarter i'd of won. He said he couldn't stop his wheels from spinnin off the line,bu my friend was watchin and told me later that he didn't see anything. anyway,We race back and i take him off the line again but i completely miss 2nd, (didn't hold clutch long enough) and he had me, i stayed with him the rest of the way but it sucked. Anyway i consider myself to have beaten him, gonna have to do it again.
what do you guys think?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Alright, enough of this, if your gonna call it a ricer have a good reason and back it up. For example a 4 foot wing or a suspension drop that makes the wheel camber look like the leaning tower of piza. Now if it was a good, clean looking eclipse then don't call it a ricer b/c it's not.

ANYWAYS, good kill though, any kill is fun.:thumbup:

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright, sorry to offend you. Do you guys think this is that great of a win for me or should i have beat him?

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks,i wasn't sure, has abybody else had any experiences like this with any imports?

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
I beat a 3rd gen eclipse GS......but he was at the end of the cab on the passenger side...so...it was clooooseeeee

Caleb

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
I can beat the eclipse gs' all day...I haven't got to race one of the turbo ones yet....that will be fun, and I bet close...

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a little more of a challenge for me seeing as i'm down on engine size compared to you guys. I'm proud of my 2.8 everybody says it's says its a dog bu i like it and i wanna race a 4.3 i think i could take one, and this isn't some challenge to you guys, so we don't start arguing about how much better one truck is than the other.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
I have a 2.2, my eclipse win is a big deal to me

Caleb

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how bout some info on that eclipse kill, summer wolf, congrats

·
Registered
136 Posts
eclipse gs

last time i checked the gs was the turbo model =) the gsx is the awd turbo,, the rs is just a whimpy stock version (more room to play)

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
old school eclipse...

Rs model...NA base
GS model...NA w/ turbo body (wheels, spoiler...)
GS-T model...Turbo FWD
GSX...turbo AWD

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i'm pretty sure the eclipse i raced was a GS and it wasn't a turbo

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
The newer models (third Gen) eclipse RS / GS is the 4 cylinder N/A (naturally aspirated, non turbocharged) models, which is what I barely beat, and the GT is a 6 cylinder....

Caleb

RS/GS 1st and 2nd gens are pretty average in speed
GST GSX= GREAT TUNER CARS!!!

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so your saying you had trouble with the GS, do you have a 2.2 or 4.3?

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so your saying you had trouble with the GS, do you have a 2.2 or 4.3?

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
turbo eclipse

The turbo's run alot better, so you need a few mods to beat them
I run a lot of them and beat most of them:D The ones with Nos
get me upstairs:scary: If you can get your truck to run low 15s
to high 14s you can beat them:thumbup:

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
As the past owner of a 92 Eclipse GS-T and the current owner of an 02 XBlazer......Unless your running serious mods in an s-10 or the guy in the eclipse is a dork....Snowballs chance in hell of beatin him..maybe for first 60-100 feet...once that garrett turbo spools....SEE YA.....I ran a 14.96 with just a K&N on my 92 and the thing was quick...Good Luck Anyway

1 - 20 of 31 Posts