·
Maybe later.
9,335 Posts
Looks great...wow.

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Not the update i want to bring you guys.

So i walk out of a store that i serviced and i see this......

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

so i looked around the parking lot while waiting for police, maybe the vehicle that hit me parked elsewhere..... well while doing the police report this older lady in her 60s comes by and says if this just happened. i say yes and she told me she saw a guy in an orange car with a cowboy hat that appeared to be mad at something and pushed a shopping cart as hard as he could into my truck and/or general direction. i saw the said cart a few spots away....yup. this did it.

so here is the thing. parked in the area that had no cameras and the guy who did it parked in the same area.

BUT with his cowboy hat not being common and this a small grocery store, they can review the tapes and find the cowboy hat within the hour time span i was in the store, and if he paid with a credit card (which i hope he did) his ass is mine.

got home and tried to push it out.

now it looks like a door ding...which i can live with...but i am thinking about bed-lining the bottom half of the truck....still up for debate. opinions?

after this me and a few buddies when wheeling. major stress reliever.

got a few more pics, but nothing fancy. we just went though a few trails and that's it. got dark on us fairly quickly.

·
"Da Dog"
1,090 Posts
He was jealous because you have a better truck than he does.

·
The Vehicle Dynamics Bro.
4,699 Posts
PDR can take care of that!

·
4,699 Posts
Oh and on the bed lining note.. DO IT.

when I did my DD Pic was around 2hrs after sprayed.. raptor liner.

Held up great for the next year until I got t-boned by some prick that ran a red.

matt

·
4,699 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
i have duplicolor spray on bed liner around my truck, pay 10 dollars a can for it and it still faded like it was its job, chipping comes when the painting surface is not preped enough.

·
Ridin' on Twankies
3,621 Posts
Have you called a PDR guy out to check it out?

They can probably get the rest of the dent out for a little cash. Better than painting it, if you're gonna bedline it anyway.

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
i have not called a PDR guy to check it out. if i do, the door panel will already be off since i dont trust anyone :haha:

i send my condolences to your door.
want me to send you my paypal addy? :haha:

so here is continuing of the "updates" from that day. just got busy so i put them off.

not surprisingly the new offset wheels sling more mud everywhere...yay? kinda sucks as to know i have to keep the windows up, or just not spin tires. we didnt go mudding for maybe 30 minutes or so last time, usually we spend a good portion of the day out there.

tailgate was spotless.

later the next day after washing the underside that night, i finished up cleaning the truck. the wheels were not too bad to clean, but took more attention then the stock ones.

i need to get some new paint on the flares, i have been putting it off for a while... notice the "ding" on the door is not terribly noticeable. i got lucky.

Interesting thing about mud. it actually CLEANS the tires. i guess why not when you have millions of rock particles scraping away at the sidewalls. it gets rid of any stains the tires accumulate. also i had a mild scuff from when i accidentally curb checked but now that is gone too. no armor all and they shine!

i even gave some attention to the sonoma and drove it around for a good bit in the mountains. it wasnt started for 22 days :(

on the bed liner topic, i cant decide :(. i was even considering plastic dip on the bottom to see. for a black truck, hell yeah. but for blue/black? not sure. already rocking a blue and black theme, but i think the bedliner will be too much black with not enough blue, and a color matched bedliner will be kinda odd IMO.

just going to have to wait and see.

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
so here is what my stock radio looked like before. the 1 and 4 numbers were burnt out at first, but then more lights burned out. also the 4x4 panel wasn't lit up, i recently added a small bulb in there for the time being.

4mm wrench pictured.... mini vice grips were used.

some fancy wire bending i had to do.

each led had to have its own unique bend due to the radio design.

back of the radio.

hardly any room to work. looks spacious until you put the front cover on and notice that the button moldings prevent where you can put the resistor. i should have used 1/4 watt instead of 1/2.

tolerances are close, but not touching.

4x4 panel i already "fixed" with a normal bulb. led replaced it. (not led below)

finished product.

with my phone its hard to tell the blue from the green display.

all the bulbs that were removed.

so small update, but really enjoy the new change.

201 - 220 of 1241 Posts
About this Discussion
1.2K Replies
133 Participants
AlexF2294
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing