S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a reg. cab s-10 and am looking for some simple way to get some bass without loosing leg room. i have been looking at some of the bazooka tubes they seem like they would fit behind my seat pretty good. anyone ever use these?

·
LIL RED ROCKET
602 Posts
:barf:

i would look around a little more and send the money on either the Bass link

or build a custom box...

you are just wasting your money on the bass tubes....

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Yeah man I was going to go with the bass tubes at first but did my own thing. I love the way mine sounds and i dont think a tube could be as loud. Just do a custom box.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ive got a self powered bazooka tube in my 81 Corvette and it sounds good.
I wanted something quick that i could remove in a few seconds and this was the ticket. Puts out plenty for me but if you want the rest of the world to hear you coming then you better look elswhere cause the tube ain't gonna do it.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
go get a 8" sub liek a solobaric or a RE 8" and port it..make ur own box..should be good..

·
Registered
211 Posts
yeah, it's better to build your own box and get better sound, but the bazooka isn't bad. i had an amplified 8" in my 2 door blazer and it filled it really well. of course i got that inkling for more bass and had to go elsewhere, but if you just want bass for that extra sound field you're not getting with your speakers.....get a bazooka....they really aren't bad at all....just not a bigger amp/more powerful sub setup.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am running 2 8" Bazooka tubes. I went that way because I tend to trade vehicles a lot and they are easy to remove and I don't have to keep building custom boxes. Also, with the 8" tubes I did not lose any clicks in moving my seats back.

I think they sound good but don't expect to be heard from a block away. But they do sound pretty good in a regular cab if installed correctly. They can be bought cheap on ebay, just watch for the difference between the EL8A and the EL8A-HP. The "A" has a 30W amp RMS (50W max) and the HP has a 50W RMS amp (100W peak). Also make sure that if you buy them on eBay that the auction includes the Bazooka harness...otherwise you will have to buy that directly from Bazooka and that will cost about $18 shipped.

They are mad easy to install. You only have to run the power wires to the battery, a good ground (I am using the bolt for my seats-must strip any paint) and a set of RCA's to the deck (if your deck does not have low level outs for a sub or rear channel you can use high-level inputs by tapping into your rear speaker wires).

I installed butt connectors on the wires so all I have to do is unplug the tubes and remove them if I want to carry something behind the seat or if I am going to park in a bad area.

My 2 tubes are the "A" models and still shake the windows and you can hear them very well from outside the truck. The only problem is that the bass is not as tight as it might be with "high quality, high cost subs with a seperate amp. I paid a total of $110 for both my tubes (from eBay) with the harnesses and $6 for the Y connectors (Rat Shack) that allows me to run 2 tubes from one set of sub outs from my Sony deck. I am happy, and after doing the install can defintely tell you the ins and outs of installing these things.

Oh yeah, they make RS series tubes now that put out 75W RMS and 150W max, but they are costly because they are relatively new...Its hard to find good prices even on eBay for those.

·
Peanuts Performance
117 Posts
They're not too bad. My bro had one and then he blew it with 600+ watts running through it. Now hes still using the tube but has an Audiobahn sub in there now. Its a little too small, but it kicks major a$$.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts