S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i let my truck sit the other day for 20 hrs or so.....the next day it was slow when starting....do the valves have a constant charge on them when not in use???

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
no just when they are on... how long have you had airride? your battery may be shot from compressors and valves suckin juice... along with your system if ya got one. get an optima... or a reg battery with a 200 amp alt... that will solve your problems... :pimp:

·
Banned
1,458 Posts
Check for a draw on the battery with a multimeter, If you have a draw it will slowly kill the battery. If you don't it may be possibale that the alt. is not fully charging it , the starter is going bad or the battery may be on it's way out.
You can always go get the battery tested at an autoparts store.

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Hey altered, I know how to use a multimeter, but dont know how to check a battery to see if there is a draw on it. How do you do that??

·
Banned
1,458 Posts
Set the meter to amps then loosen 1 battery terminal. DO NOT LET IT LOOSE CONTACT AT THIS POINT. Place 1 lead on the post and the other on the cable now remove the cable and read the amprage. If it's low like .25 check for a bulb lit, ashtray, glovebox ect. If it's lower it could be the ecm or clock which is normal. If it's higher there is a definet prob. Start pulling fuses until the light goes out. check what's on that circut and track it down from there. It may be 2 or more circuts pulling the draw so watch for any drops when you remove the fuse.

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive been bagged for 5 days now.....it may be that i had the vehicle cranked and running for a few minutes to let the compreesor fill the tank then at about 120 psi i turned the ignition off and let it fill with the key turned to accesory....must have drained more than i thought.....also my ignition wired is fused with a 5 amp fuse which is how i have the compressor to come on and off instead of using a toggle swicth.....

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm kind of confused about how your compressor kicks on. Hopefully you have a pressure switch and heavy duty relay for this. Is that how you have installed it? The compessor is not meant to be wired to a toggle switch to manually turn it on and off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts