S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some prick decided that he needed my taillights Sunday night so he went ahead and took them. Not only did he take the lights, he also cut off the wires so he got the sockets and the bulbs as well. The bad part is that its gonna cost $591 to fix it. These are dealer prices of course. Its cool though...I have $250 deductible on my insurance, and since I still have the stock tail's (my altezzas were stolen) they are billing the insurance company for new tails and not ordering them. So its only gonna cost me about $70. Still...its $70 I could have spent on something else... All this and the truck was in my damn driveway!

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyway...Has anyone user the LED bulbs in the rear end? I heard a while back that they had a lot of problems with them. Anyone know anything?

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I heard that the flash rate is messed up. But other than that I've heard nothing.

·
Still 2 High
7,539 Posts
Damn dude, that sucks. I got lucky, I had my bed sitting outside for 6 months w/my altezza's still screwed on, and no body touched them.
I heard about the flash being messed up too.

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
i have the leds in the rear, the only screwy thing is that the blinker goes about 1000 mph, other than that they are just fine

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
that sucks man....sorry to hear bout it...

one way to keep that from happening in the future..hehe...get a overtherail hard tonneau...hehe...:D....got two locks on mine, and you can't even budge the tailgate at all...:D:D:D:D

·
57 Posts
I had my carbon fiber tail's stolen also. the stupid d*ck broke the clips off that held them onto the truck. mine cost 30 bucks to fix. not counting the price for the lights.

·
Registered
20 Posts
:(

or next time try the "POP-LOCKER" if you don't want a tonau cover, just install it on the original handle for the tail gate...

hope it helps.....:thumbup:

·
Purple Pavement Pounder
15 Posts

or you could always become one of those guys that are so protective of their trucks they sleep in it with a shotgun :evilg:

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im tempted...A kid I know used some kind of srew in his that you had to have a special bit for. Like a Torx or something I would guess. I think I migh just shave the tailgate altogether. That way you would pretty much have to get in the bed to take them out. I dont know though.

K

·
0 Posts
yeah but then they can't use the I'd rather them not be able to use them if the usless B*stard must steal them...people piss me off man...and even if you do all kinds of stuf so that can't get them then they will be pissed off and bust them up and break **** up..i don't know..it is a lose/lose situation if you ask me people are just pricks~!!

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
here's what you do.

go to a local fastener manufacturer, look it up in the yellow pages under fasteners, and buy a set of tamper proof screws. they have many different styles you can choose from. you can buy individual screws and a special key. i paid $1cdn per screw and about $12cdn for the key.

not a bad investment considering the amount of money you spent on your tails.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Man that sucks!!!

mydad used to say you cant have anything ice without someone fcking it up or tealing it...he was right!!! If t cheers you up, one time we got back at some pieces of **** that were doing this ****. Some one tried to steal mt buddys stereo out of his driveway at about 3 am. little did he know we were still up. there were 3 of us, and we snuck up on him. we grabbed him, and he begged us not to beat the **** out of him or call the cops. Instead we did one better. We ducttaped him up, neck to toe, and his mouth. We then went in the grage and forund some friggin neon pink spraypaint. We painted him from head to toe whil he screamed through the tape. We then asked him what his address was, so we could take him home. Hethanked us(haha) for no calling the cops, and covered his mouth back up. we dropped him at his girlfriends apartment doorstep, with a sign attatched hat said, " I tried to steal a guys stereo, so they stuck aradiator hose in my ass and painted me pink as a reminder of what a piece of **** I am" I know it sounds stupid, but we were drunk.Just for the record though, we didnt touch his ass...lol. My buddy kicked him 5 times in the balls, and pissedon him also, before we left, we told him to tell all of his theif friends to come on over, we enjoyed his company!!! This may sound stupid, but we were drunk, and its all true!!! Do it once, and you will never be robbed again!!!

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Believe me man...If I knew who it was I would be all over it. :bash: Everything is fixed now though...My rage is starting to reside. Slowly, but it is going away. I really wanna put my clears back in, but Im kinda paranoid...I will eventually though.

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
I tried to steal a guys stereo, so they stuck aradiator hose in my ass

sorry guys, but this really cracks me up. :bash: :bash: :bash:

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
hey arcDidit, that rocks!!, yeah i had my euros stolen off my truck, they also cut one of the tail gate wires, and then they threw the gate in the bushes, and also kicked the rear fender in so now i cant put the gate back on:( what i dont get is why didnt they take the f'n gate if they went through all that trouble? and to top it off they took my bedliner i did see that though it was only in by 4 round locks, with 2 screws in it. it pissed me off but then i thought well either i'll catch the bas-trd or my buddies will since this is a small town.

well i just wanted to put my info in also, peace steve

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
i just saw a guy with a locking cover plate that covers his tailgate handle. it goes over the handle, so you have to unlock and flip it before you can unlatch the handle. it prevents anybody from stealling your tailgate and lites. its also low profile so it does'nt stick out too much.

i think its a pretty good idea for those of us with no tonneu covers.

·
Registered
389 Posts
check this out I I got a fiber glass toneau cover with two locks, and I found two pneumatic lifts and one will lift my whole car so I am replacin the two hydrolic lifts with this and using a remote, if they can open this I would be amazed, One has the power to lift my whole truck! Iu am going to remove the locks and fiberglass over and make it clean.

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
just one problem with that. if you're gonna shave the keyhole, how are you gonna open it if your hydraulic lifts fail?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts