S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 92 S10 blazer the brights indicator is on and it won't start I recently put a new 4.3 in it from a 2000 hasn't be rite since I separated the body from the chassis

·
Been there Done it
7,045 Posts
You do realize that a 2000 4.3 and a 92 chassis will require the 00 PCM or a 0411 and a total rewire under the hood and a new fuel system? For starters...

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,153 Posts
the brights indicator on the cluster is from unrelated circuits(fuel pump,run relay,injector power,..stuff like that...)feeding back into the brights circuit using them as ground..since it has completed the circuit through the bulb it illuminates,usually dim too since it already powered the component(s) it’s intended for...

you either have disconnected ground(s),poor grounds(s),or used a common ground for two circuits that need to be isolated,...

old GM trucks both full-size and s-series (late 80’s early 90’s)had a common failure ground called “ground D” in the GM wiring diagrams . It grounds the fuel pump relay,as well as various other critical components...I’ve seen odometers turn when a truck is just idling,to only starting when it’s cold or hot..it was located on the thermostat housing,and using a full flange gasket instead of the 0-ring for the T-stat,or heavy corrosion usually caused the problem.

In your case I’d check any grounds that probably had two homes...aka there’s two separate grounding locations yet during reassembly someone decided they should go together..

you or whoever did whatever they did? botched it,..at least that’s what you think,or we’re led to believe,because it was added to the story as important information to help diagnose the issues your having..that’s not easy to help online. Most of us are used to helping people resolve problems we’ve personally seen on our personal vehicles,..common S10 issues..yours sounds like a common someone messed up issue...that could be anything,and that’s when the “check your grounds” online always comes out,lol.

I hate that answer,because 90% of the time that isn’t the problem,..but in your case? check your grounds. Make sure they’re grounded where they’re supposed to be...if yours unsure? take a pic of sketchy stuff,and ask someone here to post a pic of that area under the hood on their truck to see how it’s supposed to be..

good luck to ya...btw, hazing is a RITE of passage in S10f. these butt clowns hated me for years! I didn’t let that run me off...not for good at least..this place used to be ruff!! and funny af at times..now the old guys that care are still left. Like the other butt clown that posted..that’s his way of loving you from afar....in a non homo,non chomo way.

·
Administrator
21,742 Posts
good luck to ya...btw, hazing is a RITE of passage in S10f. these butt clowns hated me for years! I didn’t let that run me off...not for good at least..this place used to be ruff!! and funny af at times..now the old guys that care are still left. Like the other butt clown that posted..that’s his way of loving you from afar....in a non homo,non chomo way.
That's no way to talk about ODS...:LOL:

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
how do we save the ad in the middle of this"Sexiest bikinis of 2019"?

I have a hard time convincing seasoned mechanics that theres 2 sides to a circuit
power and ground.
If you dont test both in the circuit you are working on,you are just guessing.

·
Mobile Mechanic
1,025 Posts
how do we save the ad in the middle of this"Sexiest bikinis of 2019"?

I have a hard time convincing seasoned mechanics that theres 2 sides to a circuit
power and ground.
If you dont test both in the circuit you are working on,you are just guessing.
Agreed, both sides are just as important or the "work" will never be performed. Same with just testing circuits... an Ohm meter is NOT the way to test circuits... only proves there's some continuity, can't prove how well it can handle a load. Anything more than mV, that is.

That's the other factor I try to get through to other techs... circuits must be LOAD tested to prove integrity. Appropriate loads, for the circuit being tested.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts