S-10 Forum banner
461 - 480 of 488 Posts

·
Make wheelies!
1,212 Posts
Can someone tell me the exact measurement to cut out to make the rocker flush with the frame rail on a 2nd gen? ive been searching i know you can do it how much ever you want but i just want mine flush with the frame so i dont break/warp my rockers.

·
tuckin' fatties
1,093 Posts
Could somebody post some pics of how they did their lower radiator hose, with the frame horns dropped. I've looked all over this section, and have yet to see what is being done for that. I just cut mine today, and after looking at it, looks like it's going to be a bitch to deal with. I don't have a radiator to play with yet, so it's kinda tough for me to visualize it.

Any advise would be appreciated.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i got some questions about laying pinchweld or rocker on a 84 2dr s-10 blazer sfbd. ive never done this before and i want a lil advice before i build my new frame. its going to be a firewall back. the frame is on a frame table ive built and the body is on the jackstands. ive spent a good part of the day measuring and still cant make sense of it.
im talking about the 4 body mounts under the door...
front body mounts(just in front of door)- measure 1 and 1/16" from bottom of the cab body mount to bottom of pinch weld. but my pinch welds arent in the best of shape and maybe a lil dented up.
back body mounts(just behind door)- measure 3 and 1/4" from bottom of the cab body mount to bottom of pinch weld.
do these measurements sound right? my main concern is the frame. it seems the front crossmember under the motor mounts is not letting the middle of the frame touch the table. the back of the frame right at the leaf mounts hits and the front x member hits and thats it. after the body is back on the frame, i want it layd out at the pinch or rocker, even with the ground, and dont want the body looking like its "sloping in the ground".
and ive measured all my frame body mounts down to the top of my table. should the matching set of body mounts measure the exact same on each side of the frame? thank you for any advice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 96 sonoma with the 2.2 and 5 speed. Considering a bd, but trying to learn as much as possible about it so i dont ruin my truck. what do you do about the clutch when you tub the firewall? i am running 20s so i know it will have to be tubbed. Any and asll info will be much appreciated. thanks

·
Longbeds FTMFW
8,623 Posts
does anyone have pics of the cuts on the DS of the firewall? Not that it matters, but I have a square body.

AAlso the fillers from the back of the seat to the backwall...how the hell do you get to them to weld them in?

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a great thread with lots of great questions. Only problem is, people are getting their questions answered other places and not sharing the info. I'm interested in doing this on my 1st gen blazer and have all of the same questions...
It would be nice when you find the info from other sources, you share that info. This thread could probably be trimmed down to about three useful pages

·
Registered
16 Posts
my truck was just body dropped they did 2" floor the rest was in body mounts check out project Andys candy s10 for pics and they are doing custom fire wall

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
i got a 99 s10 with a 2.2 5 speed. im in the middle of doing a 3" sfbd and got the frame done and ready to put motor and trans back in. i cut down the crossmember under the engine about 1" so i can lower my motor to clear stock hood. but is that needed or can i just use all the stock mounts and get a cavy intake to clear stock hood??? i know guys with the v6 have to cut the cross member but havent seen any with the 2.2 do it they just say cavy intake to clear stock hood. if all i need is a cavy intake that will speed things up for me but i need the crossmember notched anyways for future plans of a 4.3 or LS swap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, does anybody have any pics of fabbed up inner fenders? I need to fab some up and need ideas. I was thinking of looking for fenders used when you make your own trailer. I also remember drag_it talking about using part of a wheelbarrow. Any other suggestions?
Could do like the dragracers do and fabricate them out of aluminum, not hard to do at all. Look at some drag car sites and you'll see what I'm refering too.
Rabbit48

·
Proud Canadian
960 Posts
i think we need a better thread hat answers questions more easily, rather than jumbling it all together in one hell of a mess

461 - 480 of 488 Posts