S-10 Forum banner
441 - 460 of 488 Posts

·
Blah..........
686 Posts
so the cuts on the firewall and back wall are 3.5, showing the amount of drop needed. So you pick just a spot on it and measure 3.5? also what are the measurements for the sides?

·
No more blazer
1,235 Posts
You just cut in enough to clear the door panels when the door is shut then cut as close as possible to the a-pillar and then drop it, when the floor comes up you can weld the a-pillar back together and butt up your firewall and rear wall and start making some filler plates. Honestly its easier to do anged fillers too so i would go that route.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I Got a 99 s10 ext cab with 3rd door 4.3 v6... its bagged with 3 link i think its called. .... i want to tub the front so i can lay from in the front as i already do in the rear... ikno this forum is for body drop but i saw people talking about inner fenders and heater cores and what not ... ok so what i want to know is HOW N WHERE DO I RELOCATE EVERY THING UNDER THE HOOD ...ANY HELP WOULD BE NICE THANK i got pix if for some reason that helps lol!!! :D

·
layinlow_agrid
191 Posts
anyone know how to move threads? i just started a thread on my body drop and some guy told me that i need to find some one that knows how to move them and put it in the body drop section. if anyone could help me with this problem that would be great thank you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would NOT use wood for that.

Get steel Steel is stronger, WONT light on fire and its a little more sturdy and not in the way as much.

You dont need to weld anything to the frame, the weight of the truck holds the steel down just fine.

As far as doing it in a level garage or not. It does not matter if you do it this way. What some people do is level out the jackstands before they set the truck on it so its easier if you NEED to have something level but it its off a bit, as long as the steel under the cab is squared up with the frame then you should have no problems.
i have seen wood being used to support the frame and body to support it while bd'n a couple of blazers and trucks. i kan see the down fall of it burning obvuisly but i think it would be able to support the weight of the frame and body easily

4x4 are cheaper than getting steel square tubing.

debating whether to use 4x4's......... any input anyone else?

·
Registered
208 Posts
i got a couple questions for u guys about a regular bd.

unlike everyone here who has their bagged and every truck is the same (no offense but seen and being done everywhere now) i was thinking of dropping my truck 5/7 then bodydropping it to have it flush with the rockers. now i dunno if this will even work cause most of this thread that ive read its all been bagged so first can i do it without bagging? im thinking i can but not much of a body guy or whatever so curious as to how it would all work out.

i see for my first gen i would need to b/d it 3.5" to rockers. i have an 87 standard cab short box 2.5L manual no power steering or a/c its the basics so how could i do this and would i run into problems like you guys would since its not bagged or would i still run into the same problems you think? also my whole front end is one piece ive got my hood welded to my fenders and it all tilts forward will this still work or does modification have to be done to the fenders/hood as well?

any help would be great as this will be my winter project.

·
Layin Low Customz
11 Posts

unlike everyone here who has their bagged and every truck is the same (no offense but seen and being done everywhere now) i was thinking of dropping my truck 5/7 then bodydropping it to have it flush with the rockers. now i dunno if this will even work cause most of this thread that ive read its all been bagged so first can i do it without bagging? im thinking i can but not much of a body guy or whatever so curious as to how it would all work out.

i see for my first gen i would need to b/d it 3.5" to rockers. i have an 87 standard cab short box 2.5L manual no power steering or a/c its the basics so how could i do this and would i run into problems like you guys would since its not bagged or would i still run into the same problems you think? also my whole front end is one piece ive got my hood welded to my fenders and it all tilts forward will this still work or does modification have to be done to the fenders/hood as well?

the only problem i can see you running into is being able to turn your truck if your tucking you tire under the fender. and as long as your hindges are welded up to the front frame horns, right before the stearing box you should be good. you will have to lower your horns down 3.5 if you do a 3.5 bd

·
Registered
139 Posts

If I was in your position, I would do the bodydrop first. Then get the right drop for the stance you are wanting. The main reason people do it, is to lay the body out AND cover up the uglniess of the frame. My truck looks awesome when it's aired up and you don't see anything hanging down below.

·
Registered
77 Posts
qucik quesion i notice the the mounts that the bolts go thru on my truck could i take all those out and replace it with a 1/8 in rubber washer and get a little bit of a drop that way dont hate im just curious

·
Insomniac Konstructions
30 Posts
i suppose that will work but the body bushings are there for a reason. ive seen people take em out. i highly dont recoment that.

·
Insomniac Konstructions
30 Posts
im in the process of doing a 2 3/4 chop top on my 92 s-10 and i decided to do a TD body drop while i was at it. dont really know where my head is going to go but i'll cross that bridge when i get there. but heres the thing. i was taking some measurments and i noticed there was an 1/2'' diffrence from the front to the back od the cab. ive got 4'' ing the front and 3.5'' in the back of the cab. WTF. im kinda clueless right now. i was just going to take off the pinch weld and set the rocker on the floor and stitch it all up. trim cut and weld as needed. that should work right? im not too sure...

·
Insomniac Konstructions
30 Posts
use the piece you cut out as a backing plate. welt to it. i had to do that. i cut ont the wrong side of the tape. one to many beers.

·
Static Scraper
62 Posts
Ive got an 85 S10 Im doing a stock floor BD from the firewall back. What size of square tubing are most people using? I looked into some 3x3 tube but that looks like itll only give me about 1.5" of BD. what are people using for new frames?

·
Beams for the HATERS
1,731 Posts
most people use 2x3 tube you can use 3x3. either of these CAN gove you 3 - 3.5"s of BD, you will have to cut your floor. its not a 100% stock floor bd. the tube goes 3" high and 2" wide, lower your mounts the amount of the BD, cut your floor accordingly

441 - 460 of 488 Posts