S-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is a good place to find a basic alarm setup . the 95 has no power windows or locks , so no need for all that extra crap . Just need it to help protect my $2500 worth of stereo before it gets stolen again . Thanks

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
You're joking, right? If not that's kinda weird...

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
Wow thats crazy that it gets stolen less than 12 hours after you ask about an alarm. Glad the cops found it tho. Hopefully it didn't get f'd up too bad.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not bad at all , jimmied the door open and took off . They say no damage but I will see . What are the odds , like you said after asking bnout an alarm . that is fuked up . Oh well atleast my baby is found and just about 5 miles away from my moms where I was at .

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Well in that case. I would recommend one that has starter kill, shock sensor, door sensor, voltage sense, possibly a 2-way unit, and in my own opinion one with horn honk and siren, this way if they cut siren the horn still goes off.

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
You might also add a few auxillary piezio sirens (or maybe train horns :evilg:)near the battery and inside the cab as well. That way if they go to cut the battery cables or go after the alarm brain to kill the alarm, it will be at least very uncomfortable for them. I've also heard of wrapping the alarm wiring in yellow tape or wireloom, because anyone that knows late-model cars knows that yellow=airbag and someone would have to be pretty stupid to knowingly start hacking at a live airbag harness. Of course a large dog in the yard and a 12-gauge pump action on hand are helpful as well :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
when some crack head stole my subs and head unit a few months back. I bought my friends Viper 791XV and I added 6 sirens to it. 2 under the hood, to in the cab and 2 under the bed. Somebody somehow get in the truck and tried to hot wire it. when he did that the alarm kicked on and he was locked in while the sirens were going on. when the cops came and pulled him out of my truck he was covering has ears and said he couldnt heard anything!

I would get any DEI product and hook up extra sensors and sirens to it. did they rip out your stereo stuff?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tried to , but guess they got scared and left it . The head unit was hanging and the wires was cut , but it is lag bolted down , haha got them there .
What would a alarm run me ????

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
Depends...are you planning on installing it yourself, or getting the installation done by a shop? You can get a great alarm system for around $200-$300, and install it yourself. I was quoted at about $450 by an installer on the forum to get a full setup installed on my truck (with what looked to be a hell of an alarm system).

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
holy shit lol you need a protective bubble lol

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
So I guess this forum is pro DEI. Well there is other alarms out there besides DEI that will get the job done. LIke i said before about the horn honk think DEI's cant do that its the siren or horn not both. AutoPage is also a good one. Even Audiovox. Well their higher end models. If range is what you want astrostart. I have had a clear 3000 ft in a hospital before.

·
DRIVIN A PERVERTABLE
7,017 Posts
scytek has both outputs for horn and siren at the same time. come anywhere from very basic up to 1 w/ a cam inside to snap shots if tampered with.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts