S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 Hombre, 4cyl, 5 speed.

Just a basic up down, no fast action, just moderate speed, nothing real slow. but i just want the up down motion for now.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Mount a off set 100lbs weight to your crank and start the motor up as it spins the truck will bounce up and down ha ha ha

j/p

This is a real open ended question.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
well i just want a basic air setup. i want to be able to lower it and drive, or raise it and drive. no hopping, side to side, seesaw, nothing like that. Just basic bag setup, the easiest way possible to get the job done.

·
it's a french bulldog
413 Posts
right... the 1st time you "just raise it up @ a stop light cause some chicks are there" you're gonna be mad that it didn't lift faster, or that you can't hit sides. do it right, cause you'll love it in the end.

prob looking about 800 bux for parts if you half ass it together.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
like i said, i would LOOVVEEEE to have a system that would do pancake, seesaw, side to side, etc.... But i can't afford all that. For now i would like a setup that raises and lowers, to get a better stance, at a decent speed. i have looked around alittle but i have no clue what to look for.

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
Well 4 bags, 1 comp and 1 tank, 4 3/8ths valves, a link setup out back, drop spindles, 1/2" line and you're good to go.

Knowing how to weld helps as well as some tools ;)

Nate

·
former owner
7,389 Posts
bladehines said:
like i said, i would LOOVVEEEE to have a system that would do pancake, seesaw, side to side, etc.... But i can't afford all that.
Where'd you say that? :dunno:

:p

www.bagginit.com

Read everything on that site as many times as you can. Once you know enough about bags to get started, then you will already know what you need.

But if you insist on a shopping list, then you need to start with http://www.bagginit.com/TheBasics

·
Not Banned
3,987 Posts
honestly if you dont have enough cash then id just get the front end bagge with a good setup and then later on you can dump more cash into the back. n if u want the back on air really bad then perhaps airshocks?

·
Day Dreamin
2,608 Posts
bladehines said:
2000 Hombre, 4cyl, 5 speed.

Just a basic up down, no fast action, just moderate speed, nothing real slow. but i just want the up down motion for now.

Thanks,
Ryan
most people will tell you to either do a 4 valve set-up (which sucks cause then you get air displaced and stuff by the "T'd" air line) and some will tell you to just get the 8 valve one. If your just really lookin for something basic, I say get 6 valves, use two for fills and the other four for dumps. Something like this:

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
yeah...thats what i was thinking too enominus. Just bag the front, static drop the rear 7 and that will be that...

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
And the cost of those 4 check valves will run about $80, and the cost of two more valves, and the minimal extra fittings will be less than that.

lohenslohe said:
most people will tell you to either do a 4 valve set-up (which sucks cause then you get air displaced and stuff by the "T'd" air line) and some will tell you to just get the 8 valve one. If your just really lookin for something basic, I say get 6 valves, use two for fills and the other four for dumps. Something like this:

·
Day Dreamin
2,608 Posts
SlammedDime said:
And the cost of those 4 check valves will run about $80, and the cost of two more valves, and the minimal extra fittings will be less than that.
not where I get em from. :cool:

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hell i may just start buying piece by piece till i get everything i want. that way i spread the money out over a time.

·
Day Dreamin
2,608 Posts
bladehines said:
hell i may just start buying piece by piece till i get everything i want. that way i spread the money out over a time.
sometimes it's cheaper to do that but at times it's also not. But as long as you know what you need your good to go. :D

·
2LO4BC
2,859 Posts
here's a pic of my truck with a fairly cheap air system. parts cost me 800usd and the result looke great.
just a hardcore static slam in the back to mak eit look fully layed out :D

·
Day Dreamin
2,608 Posts
lowriderbowtie said:
here's a pic of my truck with a fairly cheap air system. parts cost me 800usd and the result looke great.
just a hardcore static slam in the back to mak eit look fully layed out :D

that looks tight :cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts