S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about him and this whole chasing history crap for the HR record?

im hoping im not the only one here who would catch the history ball and then squash under a 50ton crane...

personally i cant stand barry bonds, he used to own a batting cage that my team hit at.. he was there one day and my coach asked him if he could give a little motivational speech for us.... he told my coach he would do if for a coupl hundred bucks. what kind shat is that?

what do you guys think?

discuss.

·
Registered
457 Posts
for me... i dont see why people are on his case about steriods so much. We all know he did it but it was never caught. He did it back when it wasnt against the rules to take them and its not like hes the only player to ever take them. The way i see it, as a baseball player too, is that you can be as strong as you want but if you cant hit the ball you cant hit the ball. Being strong has nothing to do with it. He isnt on steriods now and has never been found guilty of ever doing it and hes still hitting bombs all the time.

·
no longer has a 95
1,883 Posts
755 is a remarkable feat. But I dont want him to get it beacause he was on steroids. If he wasnt on steriods I would be cheerin him on.

GO METS!!!!!

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts
If Bonds stays bring back Pete Rose :)

I don't know anything about baseball really but I think it is lame that he is or has broken a true record. However I heard on some sports radio show that there is some guy who if can stay on the track he is now during his career he should beat bonds record.

::edit:: Ok i really don't know about sports but found out the guy that might be able to break it is A-Rod.

·
Registered
457 Posts
damn all of you guys hate him i see.. i do agree with lowtech i think they need to bring back pete rose too.. but itll never happen and ill never change anyone opinions about him so ill just leave it at that

·
Shakira.. I love you!
1,232 Posts
I'm just reading "juiced" Canseco's book right now and its pretty interesting
its a good read if your into this whole mess

I say let him break it but dont count it in the record books
and deff. dont let him in Cooperstown if he's guilty

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
If he's a cheating bastard why has he never failed a drug test? Did he use steroids yes. Did it affect the way he swung the bat, yes. Should he not be allowed into Cooperstown? No... You have to have talent to hit the ball out, not just pure power. Pure power will get you so far, but not 755 home runs. Barry Bonds has a right to be a dick to the media. If I asked you 300 + times a season about a scandal that you have PROVEN incorrect, I know you would be pissed.. If I threw needles at you I know you would be pissed... I think Barry is a great baseball player, and Im not even a damn Giants fan... Barry will go in the record books as one of the greatest hitters to date. Just look at his On Base Percentage.... Let the man be, get off his back about something find someone else to ride.... Ohh shit A-Rod is hitting home runs like crazy this year you better include him in steroids....

·
Time to bulk up!
4,332 Posts
If he's a cheating bastard why has he never failed a drug test? Did he use steroids yes. Did it affect the way he swung the bat, yes. Should he not be allowed into Cooperstown? No... You have to have talent to hit the ball out, not just pure power. Pure power will get you so far, but not 755 home runs. Barry Bonds has a right to be a dick to the media. If I asked you 300 + times a season about a scandal that you have PROVEN incorrect, I know you would be pissed.. If I threw needles at you I know you would be pissed... I think Barry is a great baseball player, and Im not even a damn Giants fan... Barry will go in the record books as one of the greatest hitters to date. Just look at his On Base Percentage.... Let the man be, get off his back about something find someone else to ride.... Ohh shit A-Rod is hitting home runs like crazy this year you better include him in steroids....
:werd:

If steroids made you a homerun king, powerlifters and bodybuilders would be ruling baseball.

·
Registered
457 Posts
its great to know im not the only one who likes the guy.. i really do hope they let him into the hall of fame because he has held so many records no including the home run record if/when he breaks it. i cant name them all off the top of my head but there were like 5 or 6 maybe more...

·
Registered
960 Posts
That ball is like a beanie baby, sell it while it's hot cause once he's caught it worth squat. I think he is guilty and and he will be caught at some point. Everything and everyone around him the last few years has been related back to steroids in some way. Your body doesn't naturally grow like that at 37 or 38 years old.

I'll give credit where credit is due, he can hit the ball. The difference is balls that would be routine fly balls are now leaving ball parks. And that he is a great ball player is wrong. He was a very good player but now he's slow, can't throw, and plays every four days like a pitcher. He should not have been in the All-Star game this year and without this home run chase and the game in San Fransico he would not have been in the game at all.

·
Registered
457 Posts
if im not mistaken.. the man is like 40 years old of course hes gonna have some wear and tear on the body. he cant play like he did 15 yrs ago.. and about the all start game, he got voted in by the public so that goes to show how many people really do like him.

·
Need to DO WORK son
8,571 Posts
i dont like bonds, he is a lil too into himself, but then again, its partially the mlbs fault for this whole mess, they didnt have rules about steroids back in the days of mcguire(sp), bonds and canseco juicing up, and so they let it go, also mcguire(sp) basicaly brought fans back to baseball with his record hrs in one yr, but now that the spotlight is on the mlb for this whole thing, they want nothing to do with them

i just wish bud selig would take a stand, he hasnt said anything about it, whether he dislikes or likes it, just make up your mind already!!

·
Registered
960 Posts
If he's got that much wear and tear how did his power number go up? At this point in his career his batting avg. and on base per. should be increasing not the distance his ball travels and the frequency of them. And being voted in within the last 12 hours doesn't mean your that popular or people like you. I'm sure a lot of the votes came from San Fran where they wanted to see their "hero" in their home stadium.

·
Registered
457 Posts
true you have a point but his hr numbers are down.. the last 2 years they have been way down.. hes got a bad knee probably from using juice in the past when it was ok to do so and im pretty sure people in the 80's and 90's were doing it too so why pick on him

1 - 20 of 99 Posts