S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok,if you look at my other thread in the baggin it forum
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238975
you will see in the pics the wire jungle im having to work with,what i wanted to know is what is the bare stuff that i need to get this truck running,i dont know if i need to worry about the dlc connector and knock sensor,so please let me know,and if you dont know,its and 85 305 tpi 5.0 from a camaro,thanks

·
QuickerPICKerUPer
302 Posts
I will tell you the same as I would tell someone else, invest in a haynes manual. These are very useful in wiring up these swaps using the schematics. Basicly you need your starter hookup, alternator hookup, battery positive to the cab fuse block, fuel pump wiring, and your engine sensors/ignition/fuel injectors. The scematics will show you all the wiring on your s10 and also buy a book with scematics for tpi such as a camaro/firebird book. Depending on what year your s10 is you wont be able to hook up your DLC because of the difference in OBDI and OBDII. if you have any questions about the wiring when you dig in feel free to pm or email me.

·
Ridin Dirrty
794 Posts
^^^IM with stupid^^^

You will need the knock sensor and the dlc connector, both are integrial parts of the efi system

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have alldata,which shows all the schems,but i just wanted to know what i could do without,and the painless wiring is so damn expensive,unless you know where i could get a wire loom for cheap,most of the stock wiring plugs are dry cracked,so ill propably end up cutting the wires to straighten all the wires and reconnecting them.

·
QuickerPICKerUPer
302 Posts
Judging from the looks of the truck you have in that link, I would gut the entire harness out of that. It probably isent any good anyway since it looks like the truck was in a fire, is this true? anyway, I would go to the junk yard, get the wiring harness and PCM from a TPI camaro, or firebird and lay it out. you will basicly need the whole thing since you are running TPI. just set it up as if you were puting the harness in the original car it came from. The scematics speak for themselves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts