S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this happened more than a year ago. the front was popping and i looked at everythign looked ok, and it would come and go. well backing up out of my garage the balljoint snapped and what you see below is what happened. my cousin said if i was on the freeway i would have been dead.. so if you hear something check everything out.

tony

Attachments

K

·
0 Posts
wha size wheels you have on it?? anything above 18 seems to put more pressure on the ball joints. when i did my truck and i was absolutley sure that i had everything right i put brand new upper and lower ball joints on it. Plus if you hear a clicking noise when you are turning...its a wheel bearing or a ball joint...soo like he said if your hear something don't take chances check it out very extensivly.

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
OOOUUCCCCHHHHH was right. Like yer friend told ya....be damn glad that was just in yer driveway. Hope ya get that [email protected] ride back up and going soon.

·
1,088 Posts
my bad....how did i miss that? i guess i was that pic caught my attention and i missed that first line.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ok, now you have me concerned, I have a 2k1 Blazer X and sometimes when I turn the wheel to almost all the way to one side I hear a popping(almost like "clack, clack clack") sound. I have about 10k miles on the truck and it has done it since I got it. I'm about to lower it this week, is it a faulty ball joint? I thought I read once there is some metal plate that the suspension catches on sometimes and makes that sound. I hope it isn't a faulty ball joint!

K

·
0 Posts
yeah your righht 18's doesn't have anything to do with it...iguess that is why i see a lot of trucks with snapped ball joints like you have come in the shop right??

·
1,088 Posts
I'm with LowandBlazed.....I have a '01 X and when I turn the wheels all the way I hear a poppin sound. It's done it from the day I got it. Surely it's not a ball joint goin bad yet is it?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my fiances blazer x had the same noise at full turn also its the stops they have to grease them. i had aaccident like 2 weeks after i had the truck was pushed intoa sidewalk bent the rim real bad on the right side and after time and lowering the stress just made the balljoint even worse

tony

1 - 11 of 11 Posts