S-10 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Word to ya mutha!!!
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Xtreme dropped with 2" spindles in front and 3" blocks in the rear and I replaced all the shocks with drop shocks. My truck has about 87,000 miles on it. I was just wondering when the control arm bushings and the ball joints usually go out on these trucks. About how many miles until it's normal to replace them. My ball joints and control arm bushings as well as the idler arm bushing went out and my truck has been lowered for about a year. Are these parts prematurely wearing out because it's now lowered or is this about the right time for them to go out normally? Anyone with input please help. Thanks.

P.S. I also have a set of L.E.D. underbody neons for sale. They change 7 different colors and flash in 12 different patterns and speeds. I also have 2 sets of tires sizes P215/60R15 "H" rated Michelin XGTH4's with 90% tread remaining and P205/55R16 "H" rated BFGoorich Traction TA's 100% BRAND NEW!!! Check the classified's section for more information on both. Just look for Boogeyman_Lives. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i had the same problem with mine. i have 2'' spindles in the front and all my bushings busted on the front end. it had been lowered about 2 days before the tie rod boots went out and about 5 months before the ball joint bushings went out. i replaced my tie rod and ball joint boots with energy suspension urethane bushings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts