S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been wrapping my brain, reading posts all over the internet. I can't seem to get a clear answer on back joints when getting as low as you can go. I've been looking at the Proforged Super Extended Uppers and it says that they are made for laying frame with bags. My question and lack of understanding is the lowers. The lowers are listed as tall, but say they can limit travel. Are the stock lowers used when using the super extended uppers, or the talls used as well. I'm going to actually call proforged on Monday, but was wondering if I can get some answers on here. Any info helps. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking to keep the stock control arms and dehump the LCA's. Im running a 16" whee, but might move to 20's at a later date. The truck is actually a 1953 Dodge, but its sittin on a 89 s-10 frame, so I have the ability to determine where the cab sits as far as height, but I would still like the ability to lay frame. So I know cab the needs to be no higher than the bottom of the frame. Makes things easy. Anyways, after a few more days of searching, Im thinking it comes down to the proforged super long uppers and the proforged stock lowers. I reached out to proforged and was actually surprised they told me to call thorbros and talk to them about it. I'll be calling them some time today though. Hopefully I can get this sorted and start making progress. Will post an update later for anyone interested. Thanks for the info though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For anyone interested in the same thing I was looking for, ThorBros recommended the ProForged Super Extended Ball Joints for the uppers and ProForged (Stock) for the lowers. You could run any stock lower ball joint for that matter, but I went with all ProForged.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Dime94
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing