S-10 Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Put the cab back on today. Had the body work done and the firewall painted.
Now I can finish putting things together with out leaning over the fenders, etc..

·
Old Fart
3,987 Posts
I didn't notice the Nash until I took a second look. :cool:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Not much has happened since the cab went on. Trying to locate all my parts and correct bolts isn't easy. I bagged and tagged everything, but I still have a few items that I've hidden very well from myself. Lol
Started working on firewall. Installed sound dampening material and the thick rubber padding.
It's been13 months since I took it apart (every piece, wire, nut and bolt)
It's moving slowly now, largely impart that that I am (OCD) patient when placing it back together.
Okay well More to follow.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Have you ever noticed a tailgate handle that has this much free play? There is literally no resistance, The handle swings like a pendulum, and I can only imagine that this handle will rattle while the vehicle is in motion.
tailgate handle

·
Old Fart
3,987 Posts
Have you ever noticed a tailgate handle that has this much free play? There is literally no resistance, The handle swings like a pendulum, and I can only imagine that this handle will rattle while the vehicle is in motion.
tailgate handle
It looks to me like it goes too far in because there is no trim piece to stop it but I don't own a first gen so what do I know?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
The "Baja" is put together and wet sanding the paint has begun. its nearing completion of the external surfaces. Once the paint is done it's just a matter of getting the dash installed and Operational testing begins!
Hard to believe that 15 -months ago I tore the instrument panel and radio out to have repairs done. I find it hard to believe that I ripped every last nut bolt and wire from the truck and decided to sink an astronomical amount of money into the restoration project.
Thanks for looking

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
PXL_20201006_202906959.jpg
PXL_20201006_203016297.jpg
PXL_20201006_203448449.jpg
PXL_20201006_210302428.jpg
PXL_20201006_202906959.jpg

I have been watching this paint slowly come to life. The shop is super busy, they do very nice work, but their priority is insurance work.
The truck should be ready to come home soon?
Wherever you see a yellow piece of tape they have a little work to touch-up.
I have no idea how I am going to prevent scratching this truck. I will probably cry if I see a flaw.

·
time to get cereal
3,694 Posts
It's black, so washing it is going to scratch it... at least it looks good now. We'll always have these pictures to look back upon.

Reactions: Boolair

·
Also A Grumpy Site User
2,115 Posts
I can't put into words the beauty of that paint.

I have the polar opposite of that black paint sitting out front, want to trade? hahaha she's gorgeous!!!

61 - 78 of 78 Posts