S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 974 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
getting there..... we are thinking of making the 4-link go forwards towards the cab, so the tank needs to go and i am gonna get a fuel cell and mount it behind the axle, also the crossmembers that are there are gonna go and new ones are gonna be welded in....

Attachments

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
had to put these spare tires on the front of the truck so we could push it into the driveway with out it dragging (remember the tranny went out, so we had to push it)

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Great dad

It is so cool to see you doin your project with your pop,I have many good memories of workin with my dad, but now we live to far apart.I think I'll call him and shot the bull awhile!!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey yeah. it is awesome working with my dad, he does everything so professionally!!!!

I NEED PICTURES OF 4-LINK SETUPS AT THIS POINT, WE ARE STILL PLANNING OUT HOW TO DO MINE AND NEED SOME PICS..... IT IS ALL WELD ON SO PREFERABLY PICS OF WELD ON, THANKS

·
Registered
214 Posts
Nice exhaust! Is it a custom mandrel bent setup, or is it an off-the-shelf piece. What kind of mufflers are those?

-Chris

·
Still 2 High
7,539 Posts
Its gettin there. Thats damn near exactly where I am with my truck. I got my notch welded in, and the bags mounted. Me and my dad have done the whole thing so far. And its great being able to work with him.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the exhaust is home built by my dad. He built it back when the truck was his!!! It is all welds to make the turns in the exhaust!!!!!!!!! not bent!!!!!!!! He first built it out of steel and it took him about two weeks to get it just right, and then after it was perfect he used that as a guide to build it out of stainless. They are headman turbo mufflers....

So yeah anyone have any good pictures of 4-link setups or links to find some!!!! We need them!!!!!!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i gutted my interior today, working on everything kinda, the stereo area, and i needed a new carpet kit, so i just took the old one out along with the seats, and also the carpet needed to be removed so i could get the whole shifter assembly out when replacing the tranny.......

Attachments

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
removed all the front suspension on one side and I am gonna do the other side tomorrow, i wirebrushed the lower control arm for about a half hour and it should be close to being ready to paint....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 974 Posts