S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on bagging my front end of my s-10 soon and I need to know what's involved for the installation is there any cutting involved so far what I understand is I need front bags, caps for bottom and top and the air management do i also need lower control arms???

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yeah you need to cut out the little ridge inside where your coil goes so your bag wont rub on it... you do not need lower control arms.... Suicidedoors.com has a good deal on s10 front set ups everything you need.

·
Twizted Intentions TN
1,431 Posts
thats what i ordered today! $DUBDOUT$

·
Token TSX Owner
8,716 Posts
hmm I wanna bag the front of my X..I really do. What's gonna be the total cost for parts only?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would say close to $900 for front only.
Bags,tank,valves,fittings,airline,gauges,switchbox,compressor,pressure switch,water trap. And whatever i may have overlooked.

·
Token TSX Owner
8,716 Posts
900 sounds good..i think it'll probably get done. Just gotta convince myself that havin a front setup wont hinder my ride since its a DD with college comin up

·
former owner
7,389 Posts
zaathur151 said:
I am planning on bagging my front end of my s-10 soon and I need to know what's involved for the installation

Heh, what's involved?

cutting - yes
grinding - yes
drilling - yes
wiring - yes
beating, banging, and prying - yes
repeated trips to a store for things that people didn't mention - yes

Any list you will see from people on here will most likely be missing your wires, fuses, quick disconnects, hardware and loctite to mount stuff like the tank(s) and relay(s) and compressor(s), zip ties, rubber grommets, etc ...

Plan every detail to minimize how often you have to stop and run to the store. Luckily I was prepared enough to minimize it to only a couple trips.

Go ahead and get a pickle fork for removing the spindles. Maybe it was just mine, but no beating or banging would remove the lowers. Just be careful with the fork and your dust boots will be fine.

Lastly, depending on what you plan on running ... you might want to consider running a kill switch for the compressor(s). I am running them for mine just to have the control of turning them off manually to keep them from running a long time and getting excessively hot. Here's one of the bagginit.com diagrams that I modified for my particular set up ... if you run kill switches, do it like this. (click for bigger)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts