S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Tater Kustomz
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so my truck is in the process of being bagged....i was gonna do a tripple pod on the a pillar, but i rememered i just tweeded and i dont wanna tweed the pods cuz thas a pain...anybody got pics of placement for gauges??? its a first gen 86-93 dash....help me hout here...^_^

·
Tater Kustomz
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
lol, anybody???

·
layin body!
364 Posts
bagged92 said:
lol, anybody???
If u got a center consle put em in there or build a center concle out of wood and fiberglass it and put them in there.. or.. if ur bodydroped and dont have ac or heat u can put them guages where ur climate controls used to be..??

·
Tater Kustomz
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not body dropped...still have heat...i was thinkin on the dash right above where the heater vents are in the center on that little angled spot...anybody kno fi that will work???

·
layin body!
364 Posts
bagged92 said:
not body dropped...still have heat...i was thinkin on the dash right above where the heater vents are in the center on that little angled spot...anybody kno fi that will work???

u can make anything work but u might have to do some cuttin and fiberglass or will ur guages fit perfectly ??? how many guages u got??

·
Tater Kustomz
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
3 gauges...not sure what size tho...i think theyre 2"...single needle..

·
Give me 3 yrs...
6,526 Posts
bagged92 said:
3 gauges...not sure what size tho...i think theyre 2"...single needle..
if ur running 3 guages its 2 dual needle and 1 single needle...

·
Not Banned
3,987 Posts
i have a 2nd gen and am in the same dilemma, i was gonna go with a pillar gauge thing...but i really dont like how they look..so im gonna be tryin to put them where my ash tray is...but first i need to get my fittings for them...

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
Don't run any!! Best idea and easiest ;) Actually I'd make a roof console and put them up there if you're good with fiberglass. It'd be something different and cool.

I don't run any except for one on my tank...so I vote for none personally. But if you must, get out the fiberglass and start practicing :)

Nate

·
Mike D.
86 Posts
i just got done making a fiberglass gauge pod that fits three gauges below the radio with the climate controls stock

·
Tater Kustomz
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JollyRojer said:
if ur running 3 guages its 2 dual needle and 1 single needle...
no, its 3 single needle...1 front, 1 back, 1 tank...

·
Tater Kustomz
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
s1043 said:
how much room u got in between ur vents where u want to put them??? or where ever u want them how much room u got to work with???
i have a little over 2 inchs above the vents

·
Tater Kustomz
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lowdime96 said:
pillar pod? a chrome gauge bezel from advance auto?
not gonna do a pillar pod...i just tweeded my pillars and the pod ones are a pain in the ass...i might do a plat bolted to the bottom of the dash...

·
Tater Kustomz
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Audiodogg said:
Don't run any!! Best idea and easiest ;) Actually I'd make a roof console and put them up there if you're good with fiberglass. It'd be something different and cool.

I don't run any except for one on my tank...so I vote for none personally. But if you must, get out the fiberglass and start practicing :)

Nate
thanx for the idea, but im not gonna do anything on the roof..i just did a badass tweeded raised flame headliner...lol...

·
Tater Kustomz
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
minkistinkis said:
i just got done making a fiberglass gauge pod that fits three gauges below the radio with the climate controls stock
hmmmm....not bad, but i dont think i have enough room there...

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
Well how about not running any? Do you really need all 3? Maybe just run a gauges straight off the side or top of the tank which a lot of ppl do and run no inside gauges. You're options seem fairly limited since you've already done you interior.

Nate

·
Registered
533 Posts
bagged92 said:
no, its 3 single needle...1 front, 1 back, 1 tank...

Ownage straight out

1 - 20 of 21 Posts