S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
96 Jimmy
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched around and dunno why I can't find it, but I know its gotta be on here.

Are you 2door and 4door blazer guys able to keep your backseat? I want to get a blazer and bag it, but need some info on this.

If you've done it, please post up pics of your process and the brackets and all of that.

Thanks!

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
Yes you can. Custom tri 4 link, bags behind the axles. If you're using SD notches and set up for 20's just cut them down a bit. Anything larger you may need to change the shape of the notches. Also you'll have to cut the rear cover flap off the seats and cut off the 2nd mounting point. Blazer I did, the rear seats moved up about an inch or so.

This is when I was test fitting.

·
Day Dreamin
2,608 Posts
Yes you can. Custom tri 4 link, bags behind the axles. If you're using SD notches and set up for 20's just cut them down a bit. Anything larger you may need to change the shape of the notches. Also you'll have to cut the rear cover flap off the seats and cut off the 2nd mounting point. Blazer I did, the rear seats moved up about an inch or so.

This is when I was test fitting.
how about for a 1st gen Blzaer 2dr.?

·
growing up a bit..
5,182 Posts
yeah.. trimming the brackets and such will help you a lil bit.. there is some room for improvement on lowering the brackets... you could always make a custom seat as well..
On a side note: ill have an 01 2dr blazer ill be looking to sell come tomorrow..

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
I'm still not following on trimming the brackets? I just want to keep them stock but still have it bagged. Any other pics from anyone?
In my pic thats an 02 blazer 2wd. Fold a seat down or look where the seat mounts to the floor. You'll see 2 bolts per mounting point for each seat. Look at my pic, you only see 1 bolt. You can cut the floor out for where the seats mount. Then you're chopping off the rear seat mounting points because this is where your notch will come up into the truck. You cut the seat brackets and it'll fit.
heres a link to my photobucket with more pics, http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/Built2Drive/Xtreme/ some day i'll update it with further progress but I don't have the time at the moment.

·
Day Dreamin
2,608 Posts
In my pic thats an 02 blazer 2wd. Fold a seat down or look where the seat mounts to the floor. You'll see 2 bolts per mounting point for each seat. Look at my pic, you only see 1 bolt. You can cut the floor out for where the seats mount. Then you're chopping off the rear seat mounting points because this is where your notch will come up into the truck. You cut the seat brackets and it'll fit.
heres a link to my photobucket with more pics, http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/Built2Drive/Xtreme/ some day i'll update it with further progress but I don't have the time at the moment.
nice any tips on how to do that for a 1st Gen?

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
nice any tips on how to do that for a 1st Gen?
I've never touched a first gen. What I'd do is look where the seats mount, cut that whole piece out as a whole. This way you can work with that going back in.
Basically I cut the entire floor out (as seen in pics) Then I notched it, SD notches for a 2ndgen are made for 22's. 20's were the goal. Notches cut down for 20s. Then you'll want to build your tubs next (I used SD's) then you can start cutting away at the floor. I chopped the seat area and put that in first, then built a notch cover out of an old bed floor I cut out on my old truck. It has the same body lines so it fit nice.
1 thing I learned, put your tubs in FIRST, then the floor. I had to hack the tubs up to get them in and then rebuild them. Pain in the ass.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've never touched a first gen. What I'd do is look where the seats mount, cut that whole piece out as a whole. This way you can work with that going back in.
Basically I cut the entire floor out (as seen in pics) Then I notched it, SD notches for a 2ndgen are made for 22's. 20's were the goal. Notches cut down for 20s. Then you'll want to build your tubs next (I used SD's) then you can start cutting away at the floor. I chopped the seat area and put that in first, then built a notch cover out of an old bed floor I cut out on my old truck. It has the same body lines so it fit nice.
1 thing I learned, put your tubs in FIRST, then the floor. I had to hack the tubs up to get them in and then rebuild them. Pain in the ass.
That explains alot for me as far as how much of the floor to cut and where to cut it...I've got a first gen to start in a little while and I've got a feeling they aren't that much different...Thanks for the info and pics. I also like how you did the crossmember....

·
Day Dreamin
2,608 Posts
I saw that in the pictures, the problem with the 1st Gen is that the rear seating is a bench and not seperate like in the 2nd Gen which sucks cause I'm going to have to figure a way around the bench to get that shaft tub in there like you did. From what I can see though, there might not be enough room for the tub shaft cause the bench is VERY close to the floor as it is already stock, which is where I'm stuck right now in thought as well. Your pictures are hellping a hellp of a lot though too. It looks plain and simple when you get a broad overview of what the process is. Good lookin out :tup: :cool:

·
Day Dreamin
2,608 Posts
That explains alot for me as far as how much of the floor to cut and where to cut it...I've got a first gen to start in a little while and I've got a feeling they aren't that much different...Thanks for the info and pics. I also like how you did the crossmember....
If anything please snap as much photos as you can of the build. I'm curious as to what process you used to go about with getting the bench (if you still end up using it) seating in there.

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
I saw that in the pictures, the problem with the 1st Gen is that the rear seating is a bench and not seperate like in the 2nd Gen which sucks cause I'm going to have to figure a way around the bench to get that shaft tub in there like you did. From what I can see though, there might not be enough room for the tub shaft cause the bench is VERY close to the floor as it is already stock, which is where I'm stuck right now in thought as well. Your pictures are hellping a hellp of a lot though too. It looks plain and simple when you get a broad overview of what the process is. Good lookin out :tup: :cool:
I realize now that 1st gens do have that bench. I did raise the whole floor up an inch as well which is almost unoticable even in the pics. Where I cut the floor in the front was actually at a low point. There was a part in the floor exactly 1 inch higher. I raised the floor to that part. This gave an extra inch of drive shaft clearance as well. The drive shaft has a good 1/2" of clearance in the tunnel when laid out.
I would take some measurements of head room. Do your bagging and don't over build the notches but be sure they lay on what you need plus a 1/2" safety. Build the floor and raise it up some. Use your head room measurements. Then tunnel, then do your seat. Seats can be lifted, maybe even the frame work for them can be reworked over the tunnel.

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
Well then **** it thats easy. just bolt them up after i cut the floor out. Custom make some extensions or retractions.

Thanks,

oh and if anyone can take a picture of the brackets for me that would be awesome!
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/Built2Drive/Xtreme/blaze060.jpg?t=1184802968
heres the "seat pan" you can see 3 studs sticking up out of the floor towards the notches. Stock there should be another set of studs behind those. You ditch them due to the notches. Then you cut the rear part of the seat brackets off. You'll loose the flap that covers the floor when you fold the seats down. Now rather then 6 nuts holding the rear of the seats in, you have 3. The front mounting points stay the same.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts