S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Red X on Air
293 Posts
i just bagged mine but havnt driven it a whole lot yet to exactly find out. But so far, i havnt really noticed a big difference other than the fact it rides better than before.

·
Beer, Bait and Ammo
6,207 Posts
99SonomaHeavenS said:
will bagging a 2.2 make it run any more slower then it already does, or put strain on the engine? guess what im askign is if the setup weighs alot

the more wieght you add, than the more force it will take to move it.....

Physics > you

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MoneyMike said:
the more wieght you add, than the more force it will take to move it.....

Physics > you
true, but the thing is i notice that my truck pulls with 3 people just as good as one i notice no difference and thats like 300+ lbs atleast, so will bagging it add that much weight? Plus you have to consider that you don't notice any difference in triton motors, thats probably because they are made to pull, and they accelerate just as fast, so technically there is a chance that you wouldnt notice a difference, therefore you have to consider other things then physics........ and my question is still not answered, can someone give me a definate answer, using facts instead of something i learned in 9th grade?

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
99SonomaHeavenS said:
true, but the thing is i notice that my truck pulls with 3 people just as good as one i notice no difference and thats like 300+ lbs atleast, so will bagging it add that much weight? Plus you have to consider that you don't notice any difference in triton motors, thats probably because they are made to pull, and they accelerate just as fast, so technically there is a chance that you wouldnt notice a difference, therefore you have to consider other things then physics........ and my question is still not answered, can someone give me a definate answer, using facts instead of something i learned in 9th grade?
How much are you expecting it to weigh?

The 2.2 is not a beast, it's not a workhorse. It's simple motor designed to move a vehicle. Any time you had weight to it's load, you are putting it under strain.

I really wouldn't be concerned about it being a strain on your truck. The motor is designed to take some stress. It's not like you are towing a car.

·
AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME
2,031 Posts
for some reason my truck is too heavy to move , but when i air it up it seems to get lighter and i can drive it fine

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
bzzzt said:
for some reason my truck is too heavy to move , but when i air it up it seems to get lighter and i can drive it fine
I think that has something to do with the air. Dan, make sure your air tank is full.

·
Registered
457 Posts
mines been bagged for a long time, its been to shows back and forth, its my daily driver in the summer.. i wouldn't worry about!!:)

·
Beer, Bait and Ammo
6,207 Posts
Southern said:
How much are you expecting it to weigh?

x2.....at max, air mang. bags, all the metal should wiegh no more than 300 pounds......

with this in mind your truck stocks wieghs 3500ish? and has 100 hp?

thats 35 hp per pound

than plus the 300 for the bag shit = 3800

than thats 38 hp per pound.....

:haha: sorry had too....

but to answer your question my bagged 02 reg cab with a 2.2 is just as slow as it was before.....

·
AcrophobiA CEN-CAL
1,893 Posts
99SonomaHeavenS said:
will bagging a 2.2 make it run any more slower then it already does, or put strain on the engine? guess what im askign is if the setup weighs alot
Nah you will be fine. I had a 2.2 on the freeway every day and it was fine. Dont forget you do take some stuff out to put in the new stuff. You will still be heaver but not bad. I had my truck full of filing boxes more then once and it didnt care (After it was bagged).

·
Registered
812 Posts
MoneyMike said:
x2.....at max, air mang. bags, all the metal should wiegh no more than 300 pounds......

with this in mind your truck stocks wieghs 3500ish? and has 100 hp?

thats 35 hp per pound

than plus the 300 for the bag shit = 3800

than thats 38 hp per pound.....

:haha: sorry had too....

but to answer your question my bagged 02 reg cab with a 2.2 is just as slow as it was before.....

I think you need to refigure that man:haha:
math>you lmao

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
primer_forever said:
math>you lmao
i think he needs to also realize it takes more power to push then to pull so even if his formula is right it would be right for RWD, but yah lets make it heavier and get more horse power, per pound.... i think he needs to spend more time studying then trying to be a comedian.....

Math + Physics + Grammer/Punctuation > him

·
Beer, Bait and Ammo
6,207 Posts
primer_forever said:
math>you lmao

hah opps a little typo-o there........ :haha:

hp/ weight ratio @3500.....0.028
hp/ weight ratio @3800.....0.026

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
99SonomaHeavenS said:
i think he needs to also realize it takes more power to push then to pull so even if his formula is right it would be right for RWD, but yah lets make it heavier and get more horse power, per pound.... i think he needs to spend more time studying then trying to be a comedian.....

Math + Physics + Grammer/Punctuation > him
Grammar>joo

and if yer worried toss a e-fan in there to take a lil strain off

·
Beer, Bait and Ammo
6,207 Posts
sadexcuse4s10 said:
mine was slow before i bagged it, and it's still slow

i didn't know there were varying degrees of how slow a 2.2 is

no shit......lol

·
no more S10
17,421 Posts
I really don't think it's gonna make enough difference to worry about it.

·
bodydropped on 22s!
10,643 Posts
cut alot off and add more than u started with.
just dont get an engine driven compressor if u are worried about it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts