S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
next comes the two viair 450's or maybe 550's. how are 550's? are they worth the cash? and my 1/2 smc valves, with a kp-component 200 psi gauge. i just need airline, fittings and pressure switch and my air management will be done! then comes the bags and cups with a kp bolt in 4 link and jasons new bolt in step notch! when he gets it done!

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
I think you will regret getting 550's, however others may feel different. They're have been tooo many problems and recalls on them for me to like them.

·
No Kitty!!
1,717 Posts
Is that one of Jason's switch boxes and did it come with the neon?

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
nice but the neon seems 2 ricey for me. dunno if ricey is the right werd or not.

I'd go with viair 400's if you want electric comps, 450's are slow.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
yea, the 400 is faster... whooopty doooo. I'm not sayin it isn't, however, even with a 30% duty cycle, the TRUE duty cycle at which we use it at is reduced far far below that espcially in the summer time when its warmer out, and espcially when the compressors are run 150-175 PSI. That is why I recommend the 450, because its TRUE duty cycle is still at a point to where the compressors can run for a longer period of time without affecting the performance of the compressor in the long run.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
clean n low said:
nice but the neon seems 2 ricey for me. dunno if ricey is the right werd or not.

I'd go with viair 400's if you want electric comps, 450's are slow.
yeah i can see where you are comming from. but the the two 6 inch neons would only be on during our local cruise nights that we have at lancaster, and at shows. I just put it in there because it will give it that little extra something. it is the same principle with making your own switch box and painting it or this and that, its all just to draw attention... which i will be doing at next years cruise night, because there are only 2 vehicles that have airride and they get a shit load of attention... alot of faggots from school go there with their stock trucks and beg to get in just cause the have a system! they think that they are so bada$$ just because they have beats, and that is it! they put my truck down all the time... and i just say, "IM PIMP GET OVER IT"!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SlammedDime said:
yea, the 400 is faster... whooopty doooo. I'm not sayin it isn't, however, even with a 30% duty cycle, the TRUE duty cycle at which we use it at is reduced far far below that espcially in the summer time when its warmer out, and espcially when the compressors are run 150-175 PSI. That is why I recommend the 450, because its TRUE duty cycle is still at a point to where the compressors can run for a longer period of time without affecting the performance of the compressor in the long run.
you be da man! i will go with 2 450's... i trust you, you have helped alot in my previous posts. but just a word of advice... (dont take this offensively) you can get pretty mean adn make people look stupid just cause they dont know. but dont get me wrong, you are da man, and you are a mod. and you are fine in doing this because you are usually right!

by the way i got bored and painted my tank a candy metal flake blue, it looks amazing! im pretty good at paintin but i have a headache for some reason:jester:

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
getting there man i remember those days...i just scored some TL fillers and the sirmichaels tribal light kit...next is a skin...then some bigger feet....

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Layd Dly said:
getting there man i remember those days...i just scored some TL fillers and the sirmichaels tribal light kit...next is a skin...then some bigger feet....
nice!!

be prepared to get asked the absolute dumbest questions about your shaved taillights!

1. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? (mostly farmers at school asked this, when their trucks have straight 1 inch piping for exhaust so that it makes that rapping noise. now why the hell would you do that?)

2. DID YOU JUST PAINT OVER YOUR TAILLIGHTS?

3. DO THEY STILL LIGHT UP?

4. DID YOU JUST FILL THE WHOLE POCKET UP WITH BONDO?

5. DO THOSE COVERS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR TAILLIGHTS COME OFF?

AND MY MOST FAVORITE QUESTION WAS...

6. CAN YOU STILL PUT IN YOUR TAILLIGHTS WHEN YOU WANT, AND THEN TAKE THEM OUT WHEN YOU WANT?

but that stuff you are gettin will look pretty sweet good luck with it.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
94badazz said:
you can get pretty mean adn make people look stupid just cause they dont know. but dont get me wrong, you are da man, and you are a mod. and you are fine in doing this because you are usually right!
I know, sometimes I don't mean to do it, but it just happens when I get heated... or like earlier, I was already pissed off, and just made a rude comment. I really don't mean to, it just kinda comes out that way, I know it could be worded better.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts