S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to bag my truck but I think I'm going to bag the front first since it will be cheaper and I can just drop the rear with some blocks until I get money to bag the rear.

I dont like to do things the cheap way, I want to use the best parts available. My question is what all will I need to bag the front and do it right, keep in mind that I will be bagging the rear too. What compressors should I run? 12-Gallon Tank? Best Valves? I am also going to be installing one of the computer controlled leveling systems because I drive 100 miles a day for work. There are a couple out there...which should I go with?

Also please post where to get the stuff for the best price.

Thanks in advanced,
Nick

·
Some Day
5,605 Posts
some stuff

Get jasons cups...
get 2600's for up front but make sure you cut out a TON of the spring pocket but if you are worried about cutting alot get 2500's. I just said get 2600's because I think they are a lot better IMO.
Run 1/2 line.
2 1/2 smc's for fill
2 3/8 smc's for dump
12 gallon tank
for compressors I really would recomend getting an engine driven its my next investment.... but if you dont want that get 2 viar 450 comps
you will need a pressure switch get an adjustable that way you can put it where you want it whenever..
get water traps 1 per compressor
that should do it except for fittings, gauges, switches, wire, fuses and relays all depends what you want to do....
Those computer things dont know much about them but if you run gauges you really dont need to put out that much money that you would for one of those...

·
Some Day
5,605 Posts
also

also you WILL want shocks.... so get jasons shock relocator kit too.... I have it but its not installed yet gonna run a nissan hardbody shocks.... mounts same as s-10 but skinnier so less loss in turning radius. 13 bucks each cant beat that

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Who makes engine driven compressors? How do they install?

I dont think the computer levelers are all that much money, and I dont really mind spending money on something that I know will save me money down the road and that will get use.

I want this setup to be as fast as possible.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also I plan on going with 18/20 combo...do I need to do anything special to the front to lay?

·
Some Day
5,605 Posts
I dunno about your suspension setup now

engine driven comps are compressors that run off your accessory belt.. They bolt up to your engine and you get a new belt and everything and when the pressure switch kicks it on the compressors clutch starts pumping the air into your tank.... You can get kits depending on your engine that will have everything you need.... Go to http://www.innovativeairsuspension.com/ go to products and then air lift or whatever it says near the bottom and it should show prices..... and as fast as possible you might want to increase your airline size to 5/8 or 3/4 but valve combo I already have should be very fast and still reliable... I have 3/8 fills right now and can hop my front 2 inches off the ground with 160 psi and no shocks... so at 200 I'm sure it will do a good bit... and thats with 3/8 valves and 1/2 line.... I am going with 1/2 fills now tho as I only have the front done as well...... and yes you will need to do something to the front to lay depending on your tire size.... if its under 24.5 inches tall it will lay other than that you will either need to modify or remove your fender wells..... also I am unsure of your suspension setup now but you will need to get 2 inch drop spindles also.....

·
Some Day
5,605 Posts
also

bagging your truck is going to seem very intimidating...... Let me tell you it is really easy!!! Dont get discouraged... Just remember make sure your bags do not touch anything!!!!! at any time be it empty or full.... Also keep your airline away from sharp objects and hot objects. I ran mine inside then on top of the frame rails the whole way back.. I also bought wire loom type stuff with no slit and put it around the air line so it doesnt get rubbed at all... just plan it out and be prepared to make trips to home depot for random stuff...... I recomend dot fittings from any advertiser on here.... I am running home depot fittings but they arent good... I had to use 3 fitting to go from 1/2- 3/8 for tank to vavles when you can just get one dot approved that is designed to do that thats less area for leaks!! I have leaks still but I am gonna be repluming my whole system.. Like you said do it right the first time You will be much happier.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Look for a thread on one of the first two pages of the forum... suicidedoors.com is offerin two helllluva deals right now.... one is for a complete bag setup, minus the brackets, cuz he don't know what u wanna do, and the other is for a front only setup, and comes with everything but the fittings, because you gotta learn somethin in baggin ur truck, so you can run to a trucker store and pick up what you need, and not have to worry bout spendin extra cash on what you don't need.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts