S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i started to bag the front of my truck(rears coming in a few short weeks) got it all taken apart except the upper a-arms. WHAT THE HELL!!! theres got to be some kind of secret to getting them out that i dont know. is there a way to remove the bolt or are they press fit into the frame? PLEASE HELP haha. only took me half the day to disassemble the steering linkages lower arms and all the other stuff but the uppers have been fighting me noe for a good day.

·
wOrk iN PrOGreSS
2,305 Posts
ok so i started to bag the front of my truck(rears coming in a few short weeks) got it all taken apart except the upper a-arms. WHAT THE HELL!!! theres got to be some kind of secret to getting them out that i dont know. is there a way to remove the bolt or are they press fit into the frame? PLEASE HELP haha. only took me half the day to disassemble the steering linkages lower arms and all the other stuff but the uppers have been fighting me noe for a good day.
you cant take the nut off because of the exhaust. and the bolts are held in by a type of clip. so you have to use a c-clamp and put it on the bolt and the other part on the frame somewere and keep tighting it and it will eventualy pop the clip and the bolt out. its a bitch and a half but it will work eventualy

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DAMN IT! i got the nuts off its just trying to move the arms back far enought to get them out then trying to wedge them out...... damn c-clamps. i dont have any yet and i just ran out of money so i cant buy them. so thats the only way eh? what about when you install the new ones? new bolts or will they stay in place?

thanks btw

·
wOrk iN PrOGreSS
2,305 Posts
DAMN IT! i got the nuts off its just trying to move the arms back far enought to get them out then trying to wedge them out...... damn c-clamps. i dont have any yet and i just ran out of money so i cant buy them. so thats the only way eh? what about when you install the new ones? new bolts or will they stay in place?

thanks btw
ya i ment to say you CAN get the nuts off but you CANT get the arms off... my bad... but ya thats the only way i figured to do it. ya same way when u put new arms... ive had to take my arms off twice.. once when i first pie cut the uppers then again when i finally got sd arms. after the first time you press them out they are easy to get off if you have to take them off again

edit: oh and yes you can use the same bolts.... when you tighten the nut down it will pull them back into place

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
yeah those bolts are ten bucks each from the dealer lol cheap. i thought the sd arms came with those bolts so i used vice grips to get them out messed up the threads pretty good. if you can get a socket to fit on the head of the bolt and hit the clip off the head you can get a socket on to spin it out.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so i found out that theres a hole in the top of the frame that a 1/2" air line fits perfectly in. my question is how fast will it rub through the air line without a groumet or something protecting it or will it at all? anybody do it this way or what way have you done it?

·
brandon bowman = scammer!
75 Posts
no protection needed, just come out 90 degrees from your bag into the side of the frame

1 - 10 of 10 Posts