S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 340 Posts

·
Token TSX Owner
8,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm bout 80% sure Im going to bag my X within the next few months, I have been tryin to convince myself that if done right nothing will go wrong while at college and it'll all be good and an easy fix. But on with the thread..I plan on running thr s10 forum front kit except with RE7's, 1/2'' airline and an AZ compressor. My questions:

1) Will I have to notch the tie rods with spindles on 245/40/18?
2) Will the front inner fenders have to be sectioned or removed in order to "lay out?"

No flaming of my Xtreme will be needed, lets just cut to the chase. Thanks guys. And pics would be nice too.

·
Registered
917 Posts
You shouldn't need to notch tie rods or anything with the x kit on there. I mean you wont layout with just the bags and spindles, but it may be close. The fenders WILL have to come out with the spindles on there. I say try the bags with the sd cups, if they are not low enough for you then cut the cups, notch the humps, and notch for tie rods. But at that point your kit will crushed to hell. Good luck, have fun :tup:

·
Token TSX Owner
8,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol So imma still lay kit with my inner fenders and i dont rub on the tie rods?

·
Token TSX Owner
8,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so no spindles, i can be 1/2'' from fender and about 1.5'' to 2'' from layin kit. Well shit..ok thanks. my setup by the way will consist of the s10 front kit from SD except with RE7 bags, AZ compressor, and 1/2 line.

·
Registered
917 Posts
ACE2790 said:
so no spindles, i can be 1/2'' from fender and about 1.5'' to 2'' from layin kit. Well shit..ok thanks. my setup by the way will consist of the s10 front kit from SD except with RE7 bags, AZ compressor, and 1/2 line.
Idunno about 2" from layin kit on just bags, maybe less than 2" from layin kit WITH the spindles. Also the back plays more of a role than you would think. With a notch and 5-link out back I ripped most of the kit off, but w/o spindles in the front it looked like it was lifted. I mean the airdam was like 5" off the ground because the back was sooo low. level the thing out and it was about 3-3.5 (never took actual measurements, sorry)

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
so if i bag mine with the 2" drop spindles itll be pretty low?

·
Token TSX Owner
8,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Idunno about 2" from layin kit on just bags, maybe less than 2" from layin kit WITH the spindles. Also the back plays more of a role than you would think. With a notch and 5-link out back I ripped most of the kit off, but w/o spindles in the front it looked like it was lifted. I mean the airdam was like 5" off the ground because the back was sooo low. level the thing out and it was about 3-3.5 (never took actual measurements, sorry)

If i get the spindles, i will hit fender. I dont wanna go through the removal process so imma not put them on. As for the back ill probably run 2'' or 3'' blocks. So i got bout .5'' from fender and 1'' from layin kit when aired out.

so if i bag mine with the 2" drop spindles itll be pretty low?
If you get spindles you will hit inner fender before you lay kit at 0psi.

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
I just dont feel like searching for my stock spindles. Rather keep the 2" on.

·
Token TSX Owner
8,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just dont feel like searching for my stock spindles. Rather keep the 2" on
well I guess as long as you never lay it out while moving then you'll be ok, but whatever you want.

·
Registered
917 Posts
ACE2790 said:
well I guess as long as you never lay it out while moving then you'll be ok, but whatever you want.

:werd: Moving while aired out on stock feders=bad. Just don't ever blow a bag at highway speeds, and if you do just be able to stop hella fast without dying

·
Token TSX Owner
8,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:werd: Moving while aired out on stock feders=bad. Just don't ever blow a bag at highway speeds, and if you do just be able to stop hella fast without dying
lol, good wise words. Which is why im not running spindles.

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
so basically the front will be 2" higher off the ground if i put the stock spindles back on when layed out.

·
Token TSX Owner
8,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well with the bags aired out you will only be about 1'' off the ground

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Oh well thats not bad. So the stock spindles will give me more clearance with the 18s

·
Token TSX Owner
8,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes, still may wanna notch the tie rods, but you shoudlnt have any problems with the inner fenders from what i have learned.

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Ace i was actually looking at the exact same kit as you. Just going to go with the Ride Pro E management.

·
Token TSX Owner
8,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I dunno what the ride pro E is...

im going with the SD s10 front special, just gonna swap out a few things.

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
air ride technologies makes it. Just want to be able to have the bags on the wireless remotes.

1 - 20 of 340 Posts