S-10 Forum banner

Baggin Help!!!

918 views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  anotherblacks10 
#1 ·
Im baggin my front right now and was just makin sure the parts im using will work. I work at a Truckin Company (Big Rigs) and ive Been slowly bringing home Fittings and a Tank and Air brake Line (Free) :evilg: . The Tank I think is 5 Gallons Its Off a 2001 Mack So if someone knows exactly what it is. Ive bought a used Thomas Compressor (Small One). Im Still gettin the other parts but after Christmas. Is All this gonna work ?

#2 ·
The line, fittings, compressor all sound good, but the tank should work just make sure it either a)has enough ports for your planned setup, or b) you get extra fittings to make use of the fewer ports, or c) get someone to weld new ports

keep us updated,

lucky bastard gettin free airline.... lol HOOK ME UP

#3 ·
The tank you got, was it from the air brakes? I don't tihnk they are rated for that much pressure, maybe a bit over 100 PSI. And as for the compressor, make sure it'll be strong enough to fill your tank, or you'll burn it right up... Other than that, I don't see a prob.

#4 ·
Alot of the big rig shit is heavy duty shit....with the fittings they should be the same. the big rigs have to use DOT fittings to meet regulations. With the tank how many ports does it have...

#5 ·
I have a tank off of a big rig also. I have plenty of ports I think 5 or 6. those tanks will handle plenty of pressure...150 max. but prolly around 300-400 burst pressure...so you will be fine. And I think mine is about an 8-9 gal tank too....there is a formula for figuring out how many gals it is online somewhere...do a search for that, just put in your dimensions of the tank...good luck!

#6 · (Edited)
I dont knoe Exactly i still Havent Jack it up Yet. Im goin to tonite when Im at work.But I think Its 5 1/2 Inch ports. all on 1 End of the Tank. I know the Compressor is too small but I dont got the money to get anything bigger. I was Plannin on gettin a bigger Compressor This Summer. I just want this one to last me a month or 2. I had planned on Put a Nipple on the Tank to be able to fill it up at the gas station. would that be a good Idea? Also

#8 ·
So a Bigger Compressor or another Thomas would be a good Idea? if So What would be a good and Inexpensive Compressor to Use. I will be baggin the Rear Over the Summer and That was when I was going to get the bigger compressor.

#12 · (Edited)
I'm not saying that Thomas are bad comps, but I've never used them. If you got two of them on one 12 gallon tank, then for sure 1 Thomas can run one 5 gallon tank. Actually, come to think of it, they should be dependable as hell if they came from the brake system of a big rig.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.