S-10 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
99 S-10 Xtreme Guy
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the story. I am seriously wanting to bag my Xtreme, but have a couple of issues (read: fears).

First off, I don't have a tremendous amount of money to blow on bags, about 1800 bucks at most. Will $1800 even get me a bag setup thats worth a damn, or one at all for that matter?

Second, is there away I can get enough drop to get the body kit about 2-3cm off the ground with the bags all the way out, without having to cut up my bed? I am running 245/50R16's all the way around.

Lastly, I just kind of would like to know what kind of setup most Xtreme guys run. Naturally, I want plenty of drop for when i park it, but at the same time I dont want to be ripping off airdams all the time.

So, if someone could help me out with this that would be great. I've always been a static drop guy and have never venture into the world of bags, so its a little weird for me right now. I appreciate any help.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
longest13 said:
how in the hell is that a reasonable response to this thread?!

Anyways man, i bagged the front of mine with fairly basic stuff for around 1000 not including the price of my two inch drop spindles, and im a hair from laying the front gfx. You could bag the front for a bit less if you went with a less expensive compressor, smaller valves, and what not...but get the stuff you want the first time around, dont just buy what you can afford.

As for the back, you might want to search around on the forum for the air ride tech air bad. its completely bolt on, gets decently low with a bolt in c notch but doesnt lay gfx i believe. plus you wont have to cut up your bed

Personally i would save a little bit more money just to be on the safe side. You will always run into some kind of a problem that youll have to sink a bit of money into and dont want to be left half way finished.

Other than that basic stuff, go to bagginit.com and read, memorize, reread, until you got it all. That site is a blessing. Make sure you know what your getting yourself into!

·
Give me 3 yrs...
6,526 Posts
i agree partly on the baginit.com site, its a great site if u a reading learner but me being totally visual (i cant learn shit unless sombody shows me first) it took me about 3x longer then most people to get this bagin stuff down and however easy the basics are, theres always somthing much much more complicated for u to look into... its all about preference really, it doesnt sound like u want to be layn frame or even gfx so ur install shouldnt be to hard at all hell if u dont wanna lay frame u dont even really need drop spindles.. so save urself the $125 on those

·
99 S-10 Xtreme Guy
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly, I barely wanna lay body kit, but I want it to be pretty close. Theres a guy with a bagged Xtreme in town and it is barely lower than my static dropped Xtreme with all the air out of the bags. He didnt notch the frame or anything.

I just want it low enough to get the body kit within an inch off the ground.

I know the basics, i can learn a lot from reading. I just dont know where exactly to GET a lot of stuff, and therefore dont really know whats available. Im not so much a newbie to the tech stuff as I am to what is on the market...

Thanks a bunch, keep the info comin.

·
The Schnauzberrys
2,399 Posts
i say take your time, took me two years to bag mine but im a busy man so

·
The Schnauzberrys
2,399 Posts
whole truck and erything yes i said it ery damn thing cost about 3500 and thats with all sd stuff with puma comps and the whole 9

·
XCENTRIC CUSTOMS!
363 Posts
i bagged my whole truck for a bout 1600 and thats all sd parts and me and my buddy for labor, so that helps it can be done man trust me

·
run and tell that
7,998 Posts
longest13 said:

thats a pretty lame response man.........

Anyways, I would say kind of look aroundo n here at the "for sale" section under "adjustable suspension".......you could prolly get alot of the parts you need there and at a damn good price. For everyhting else, there are several good shops around the forum here that could help you......(suicidedoors.com , [email protected], Corey from airlift, etc....)

The front wont be too bad. Suicidedoors.com has an s10 front special that includes the bags, cups, airline, and fittings I believe. That will be all the parts you need to do the front (as long as you stick with 2500# bags) and wont require much work at all to install.

Then you need an air management kit........decide on tank size (3, 5, 7 or 8 gallons prolly will work fine for you) and what size air lines you want to run. (I would sya at least 3/8" or 1/2")

Then you need a compressor....(lots of choices there).....some valves, switchbox, and fittings......and some other odds and ins.....

Then a kit for the rear........and again, lots of choices there too!!!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
slowandlowxtreme said:
how in the hell is that a reasonable response to this thread?!

Anyways man, i bagged the front of mine with fairly basic stuff for around 1000 not including the price of my two inch drop spindles, and im a hair from laying the front gfx. You could bag the front for a bit less if you went with a less expensive compressor, smaller valves, and what not...but get the stuff you want the first time around, dont just buy what you can afford.

As for the back, you might want to search around on the forum for the air ride tech air bad. its completely bolt on, gets decently low with a bolt in c notch but doesnt lay gfx i believe. plus you wont have to cut up your bed

Personally i would save a little bit more money just to be on the safe side. You will always run into some kind of a problem that youll have to sink a bit of money into and dont want to be left half way finished.

Other than that basic stuff, go to bagginit.com and read, memorize, reread, until you got it all. That site is a blessing. Make sure you know what your getting yourself into!

WORD

·
no more S10
17,421 Posts
Yeah, you can do it man, no problem. I've got about $1300 in my bag setup and it's all good stuff. You can easily do it for under $1,800 if you do the work yourself or get a friend to help you. I'd say get a basic air managment kit from SuicideDoors.com and a CanDo 6-link from www.candospecialties.com with a bolt in 2.25" c-notch. That should lay your kit on the ground with the right size tires and no cutting into your bed. That would be the way I would go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts