S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people I know just bought a like... 74 I think they said?? Datsun for $150.. They wanna bag it. Just outta curiosity, anyone here ever bagged one of these or seen a setup on it? What can you up front? They say they're gonna find a way to do it so I'm curious to see what they do :p Probably hack it up...

·
Banned
1,458 Posts
Anything is possible. Had a guy call me the other day , he wants to bag a lexus sc300 and convert his lexus suv to beable to manually control it. The suv is easy tank, comp., line, valves and fittings. The sc is where the problem lies noone makes a strut for it, I belive the sc400 have air but have to see if it will fit in. But yeh anything is possibly, Not sure if they have a coil or torsion bar but it shouldn't be that hard getting a bag in there.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gotta fab up your own mounts I'm guessing? It's gonna be really funny to see if they do this. This fat fock thats helpin them work on it said: "I called AIM today and they said they dont have a front kit for it so we're gonna have to go with air cylinders or hydros up front. They said for the rear, it's easy. Just weld a plate on and thats it."

I thought I was gonna die.

·
no more S10
17,421 Posts
That would be tight to bag it. Got any pics of it now?

My dad's got a 1980 Datsun pickup he said he'd give me if I wanted it. I just dont really want it cause it's a total POS, but if I could bag it and put a couple 12's in it... who knows...

I've seen the early 80's Nissans body dropped (and I know Datsun became Nissan) but I just wondered if they changed from when they were Datsuns to Nissans.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah, no pics of it. It's a piece though. Needs body work, interior work, slight motor work.. *shrug* not my truck nor my project... but whatever floats their boat.

·
DROPTLO
526 Posts
torsion brackets from jason out front, bridge kit out back... juss do over the axle and it will be a easy setup

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone have any pics of torsion setups? I've never even looked at them before.. so I have no idea how they work or how Jasons brackets would work on them or anything.

·
Post Whore?
2,864 Posts
help them out by giving them jasons number. atleast this way they will have the stuff do atleast try to do it right. hopefully they realize what its gonna cost in the end...i mean if the trucks not worth it, they should probobly think about it before they get too deep.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BaggnS10, yea I know. I probably will. I'm not helping them in any way. It's really not worth it. I doubt the guy that bought the truck has the cash to drop into it anyways.

low-blazer, so the top mount is on the side of the framerail? And what does the bottom mount weld onto? That's what I'm not clear on.. And the torsion bars are removed?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
cab yes they mount on the side...or sometimes u inset them into the rails depending on the truck so the bag doesnt rub....but its fairly simple....check ou tmy gallery for a mazda and a hardbody installs we did.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ohhh. I see.. so the upper welds onto the side of the frame and the lower welds onto the top of that thing that adjoins the spindle (Im guessing?) to the frame.. its kinda like a LCA just a bit different, eh?

question, on Jasons lower mounts, why is there a rolled "lip" on one side?

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
buy some 1/4" steel and fab up some brackets for in front. Gotta cut lotta shit outta the way, mount the bag to the lower arm and off of the frame. My buddy has a 76 dastun that I bodydropped to the doors this summer. 2,500's stones is what we used..they clear.

theres a dood on SSM with pics of his front bags...its blue and bodydropped std cab check that out.

peace

1 - 16 of 16 Posts