S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i was wondering what i could do as far as keeping the full function of my bed....blowthrough FTW. :) and i also cant remove my inner fenders up front. have dual alternators that are almost touching the fender as is. is it even worth bagging? want a little better ride quality as the ride now bottoms out with a 2/3 drop. comments welcome

·
Blazin on 8!
1,782 Posts
If you want it to lay out, you can a)cut your bed floor so the suspension comes through the bed floor and cover it or not, or b) raise the bed floor to keep the "stock" bed floor uncut but only 8" deep or so. If you just want to keep your blowthrough, you could probably do either. If I were you, I'd still remove the inners, but install trailor fenders to try to protect that alternator. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I would keep the blowthrough. maybe bolt it down to the bed if you havent. then i would cut about half the bed out and raise that part of the bed, and then i would weld up a flat peice of sheetmetal up. i need to draw you up a pic or something. it works out better in my head. than what im typing now.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im honestly not looking to lay frame...i want to keep the full function of my bed...same width between wheel wells and heep the height of the bed the same also. so really only thing i could cut on the bed are the wheel wells...also up front the alternator is practically touching the inner fender as is...

in this one there is another alternator below the one on top.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Its kind of hard to suggest a setup without knowing what kind of budget your working with.

If you still have the factory bump stop brackets in the rear you can cut those off for a few more inches of clearance..

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Its kind of hard to suggest a setup without knowing what kind of budget your working with.

If you still have the factory bump stop brackets in the rear you can cut those off for a few more inches of clearance..

x2. a 2/3 drop should NOT be enough to bottom out the suspension. Sounds like he needs bump stops removed and/or new shocks.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
x2. a 2/3 drop should NOT be enough to bottom out the suspension. Sounds like he needs bump stops removed and/or new shocks.
First I have around 150lbs of sub.....150lbs of batts..and got knows how much the box weigths...so yeahim sure its enough om rough roads to bottom out.

Also budget...meh really doesn't matter...I'm really just lookin for a great ride without cuttin the bed. Figured a small notch...also don't think I can cut up the front fender wells...idk how much trailer fenders will help up front

·
BMF Customs
272 Posts
I'd just get some air shocks and cut off the bump stops. if its still bottoming out i'd do a small bolt in notch.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I think the safe part he mentioned was more towards the bar connectin the batteries juice together, if some every got thrown in there or whatever thats metal, that probably be some nice sparks

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nothin ever goes in the bed honestly....im not the first person to do buss bars. lol and i think yal are missin what im askin. i want to know what i need to bag my truck and keep the stock bed and fender wells front and back. lookin for a little better stance and the fact that it will ride better. NOT lookin to lay frame or nothing like that.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Heres mine with the stock bed floor and inners in the front and rear it just about lays out on a 225/40/18 tire. I still need to get it alined so I can put the 18's on the front.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
hey guys i was wondering what i could do as far as keeping the full function of my bed....blowthrough FTW. :) and i also cant remove my inner fenders up front. have dual alternators that are almost touching the fender as is. is it even worth bagging? want a little better ride quality as the ride now bottoms out with a 2/3 drop. comments welcome

Did you remove the bump stops and brackets? Your probably hitting them.

I also think suicidedoors has a kit that you dont have to cut the bed too.

Edit.

http://www.suicidedoors.com/airride.../air-4-link/air-ride-technologies-s10-air-bar

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
yeah assuming you run set of tires that are 24" tall, you will be able to layout up front keeping the inner fenders in tact, and out back all you will need is a bolt in notch.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts