S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Ricky
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Started yestderday at 10 AM, finished today at 8PM..

Slam RS-72s, Mono Leaf (for now, should get 4link on the weekend after next or maybe sooner), same 2 viair 450s, 12 gallon tank, 1/2" valves mounted right next to bags so it lifts fast.

Since i have bigger rims now we had to modify the bolt in notch to a weld in notch, we really could have trimmed it alot more, but i think it could lay on some big ass rims now. We used my lever brackets for the top and bottom brackets. My backseat is removed for now, and i have vinyl flooring covering the hole so no exaust/dirt flys in.

I will get up/down pics tomorrow..

Im not laying out, its not because of notches, and when i air out the driveshaft isnt hitting like i thought it would. I havent looked real close at bags, but im sure they arent fully compressing when i air out because we mounted the brackets to lay out once i channel for driveshaft, but its weird that the driveshaft isnt even hitting.

Im gonna put a bucket seat in the center with some sort of sheetmetal consoles thatll be tweeded on both sides.

·
Ricky
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
those notches are welded on there in a lot of areas, theres a strip of steel running along the inside edge on one side. I drove all around town and everything works fine. I just found out my uncle does more than i thought, i knew he was a professional welder, but now i heard from him he built a whole new frame for the rear of a bagged isuzu with notches and a 4link, so im gonna talk to him about a new rear frame for mine, or possible a whole stock floor bodydrop im gonna research that alot.

tomorrow i am going to buy the 2x3 to build the box notch we talked about but inside the bolt in notch welded to it and down to the inside of the frame, so thatll be a safe notch as alot of you said, plus the bolt in notch will be re-inforcement for the box tubing.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
my thoughts of bolt ons..might be changing maybe people should bolt on more often..these problems might not occur..

·
Registered
233 Posts
FoolishBlazer said:
tomorrow i am going to buy the 2x3 to build the box notch we talked about but inside the bolt in notch welded to it and down to the inside of the frame, so thatll be a safe notch as alot of you said, plus the bolt in notch will be re-inforcement for the box tubing.
so let me get this straight. you're going to get the steel to build a proper notch tomorrow. Yet, you put in a cobbled-together bolt-in notch yesterday and today. I must pose a question: Why did you not wait for a few days and put in a proper notch?

later,
nate

·
Registered
8 Posts
id rip you a new asshole about that set-up.. but my ribs hurt too much from laughing at it.. .. dude you gotta be ****ing INSANE to even GET IN that thing let alone DRIVE IT

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
why didnt you jsut wait and build a box tubing notch that would at least be safe....u might as well rebuild from teh notch back cuz i wouldnt go near it man...sorry but thats just not safe...

·
I like MINE with NO shine
6,577 Posts
AHHHHHHHHhahahahhahahhahha

Dont be to be rude - but AHHAHAHHHHAHHAHAHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAH

Oh yah - and HahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAHHahHAHAHahHHAAHHAhAhHAhhHAHahaHHAAHahAHHAHhahHAH

·
Ricky
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
we were thinking of a place to go get the steel since everywhere didnt have it, and i mentioned my bolt in notches and everyone said theyd work and we could raise it to make it lay out, but its not laying out anyway for some reason and i can drive aired out so its not the driveshaft. so i dunno what im gonna do...either fix it or i will sell every part i own for bags and other parts in my room for other custom stuff and pay my dad whats left i owe for bags then pay a shop to fix my frame, and go back to not being bagged. oh well this was fun while it lasted but if its really ruined then im done with everything on my truck.

·
mine drags on the ground
2,382 Posts
i don't know that much about baggin, the rear but can anybody tell me why he welded onto his rearend? is this something that is normally done?

1 - 20 of 172 Posts