S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Tool All The Pro's Use!!
303 Posts
That's slick what you've done. I just have to ask cause of the way you worded it at the site, did you have to cut the bed or not?

·
^Buy my truck^
15 Posts
that looks tight, bro. what'd you do to get so much lift out of the bags? nice, very nice.

Matt

·
For Sale
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks.. bags are firestone .. yes the bed was cut.. more pictures should be up of that soon.. for this kind of a setup your looking at around 3500$ all depending on .. well.. everything hehe ...
to get the travel i get..SIC Motorsports " Clint Petree " fabbed up a custom 2 link cantilever style. the back could get more but shocks hold it down. im looking for new tires right now, cuz i can still get about 1 / 12 inch to inches in both front and back... tires are resting hard on fenderwells.. and im not lookin for relocating right now... so tires are the easy way out i guess hehe... feel free to ask anything else.. i'll try to get back to you..
thanks again:thumbup:

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
i wish i wasn't a poor college guy so i could get bags:cry:

·
Registered
271 Posts
how is the ride with the bags

im pretty sure i will be bagging my truck soon, so one thing i want is the lift so i can get over speed bumps. another thing i wanted from putting bags in was better ride quality. so how is the ride quality with the bags??? better than steel or worse????

·
For Sale
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well when im parked.. it will lay frame.. when i drive and hit the controller, i hit wheelwell, so my next investment is a new set of tires, im pretty shure once i do that.. then sparks will fly.

Ride quality kinda depends on wha set up you go with, with a system like mine with no shocks up front, you better hope you got some Soft shocks for the rear. like Monroe.. right now i kept in my belltech shocks and on a real bumpy road the front bags will absorb the hit but when the back try's to.. it jus makes my front go up n down a lil bit.. but thats what i get for not having a good shock in the rear. i'm going to try out the Monroe shock and see if im going to need to put back in my front shocks. But overall drive is Really nice .. Cornering id perfer steel.. but for style.. heh.. no question.. Bags r fun... :thumbup:

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
i got doetsch tech shocks on mine....and i have a 6 link canti-lever setup.......i run shocks in front though....my rides better than stock and same up front too........i would try the doetch tech shocks......nice truck bro

·
For Sale
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jus put on the Monroe shocks in the rear.. and its is like night n day... its fawking smoooooth now... shocks are a big difference.. but still not running shocks up front .. and its kicking butt... :evilg:

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
shocks

hey blk, what is the pn # of the monroe shocks you put on? I am trying to get lengths out of the back of thier catalog at work. Extended, comressed, blah blah blah..... A part # would work even better. Thanks. -Dan:thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts