S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a bagged daily driver that thinks this is a bad idea? I have been getting mixed opinions on whether not its a good idea to bag my daily driver. I drive about 20 miles to and from work everyday (Highway) and I want to know anyone who has had their setup for a while if its a good idea on a daily driver. I'm debating now!

·
No Kitty!!
1,717 Posts
I had my daily driver bagged for about a year. It was bouncy but I didn't have shocks in the front. If it is done right and you use shocks it will be fine as a daily driver. It will be fine without shocks just bouncy.

·
AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME
2,031 Posts
if you gotta do that much driving just make sure you DO IT RIGHT...... cause if you decide that you dont wanna do it you're probably thinking, oh well then i'll just lower it.... but if done right, your lowered truck wont ride quite as nice as a bagged one. but you cant cut any corners, or else it will in fact suck.... and furthermore, not only is driving a bagged vehicle a change to your vehicle.... it's a lifestyle change as well, hehe, so you gotta be ready for it

·
Registered
684 Posts
Mine is a daily driver that i drive 1 hour to and from work everyday...I've had no problems at all..i just made sure i had all the kinks out

·
Registered Asshole
5,823 Posts
Mines a daily driver. Its not too bad, i got shocks n RS72s out back and RS62s in front, no shocks.BUT expect your problems. Shit will happen, such as messed up bag, blown line, comp taking a shit..its all possible. Do it right the first time as to eliminate any problems form installation..then wait....

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Mine is a daily driver as well, I still haul about 800lbs for work with no problem. Just do it all right the first time! And you will have no problems

·
Registered
428 Posts
Mine is a daily driver....i got shocks up front....i swear it rides just as good as my friend's STOCK S-dime!!!

·
Hell Yeah I Drag!!
865 Posts
Hey low99sonoma this is my second bagged daily and still to date no problems. The only way you blow line or a bag is by not installing stuff properly. As long as your taking all the necesary precautions then it shouldn't be any problems like that.

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
drive one of mine daily and hate it, too much damn body roll and constanly bottoming out [on the ground]. I want to be able to drive like a complete asshole cause i'm normaly very late and tryin to make up lost time when i drive and having bags doesn't help but when i'm not in a hurry or on bad roads i love it.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
<----drives a bagged daily ride for about a year now....make sure u have 8 valves, good shocks, and proper bag pressure and u will be riding like a caddy....now all i need is 4 more valves and better shocks...lol

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
clean n low said:
drive one of mine daily and hate it, too much damn body roll and constanly bottoming out [on the ground]. I want to be able to drive like a complete asshole cause i'm normaly very late and tryin to make up lost time when i drive and having bags doesn't help but when i'm not in a hurry or on bad roads i love it.
Try getting some shocks.

And as far the daily driver question, it's all in the install, as long as you use quality parts. I drive mine about the same distance to work everyday with no problems at all. Last month, I drove it halfway across the country and back with no problems from the suspension. I love the way my truck drives, just make sure you get front shocks.

P

·
0 Posts
Corey you didnt drive that pos for like 4 months cuz it didnt run. HaHa

Anywayz Ive had my front bagged for 4 months and drove it everyday and I just bagged my back and I will continue to drive it everyday.

·
This is custom
59 Posts
Daily driver here too. Has been for over a year with no problems. I drive about it 400 miles a week. Just make sure its done right like everyone says.

Check out www.dfwminis.com. Quite a few texas guys with daily driven bagged trucks.

·
2legit2quit
3,983 Posts
I've driven mine everyday since april. Rides way better then a static drop, and its close to if not better than the stock ride in my opinion...no sway bar, 3 path set up (rear is tee-d)
Problems I encountered so far...1 blown gauge line (rubbed on dif), lower shock mount busted loose (still haven't figured that one out, but its an easy fix). Recently, I dropped a pylon on my leader hose and busted my check valve, then I overtightened a fitting and ruined the leader hose...there will be minor problems here and there, but most are avoided with a good install...you'll get all the bugs worked out in the first week or so.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
mines been bagged for a long while

bagged, 4link shaved(needs paint bad) and i drive it everyday and wherever i need to go... very dependable and have lots of fun driving it...:thumbup: :bowdown: :hitit:
and my next daily driver will be bagged too...summer, fall, winter, autumn dont matter what the season is i drive it...rain or shine snow or wind i drive it well you get the idea...:idea: :burnout: :bah:

·
SIC-Founder & WA Ch. Head
1,687 Posts
Again, I drive mine every day...to and from work, pick my daughter up from school (I get some of the dirtiest looks from other parents, kind of a mix of disgust and jealousy :D ). I'll never drive anything but a bagged ride any more....killer ride quality when set up right, and it's fun as hell...what more do you need?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ive daily driven mine for 6 months now no problems wut soo ever. and liek they all said jsut do it rite the first time and u will be good

1 - 20 of 156 Posts