S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
S10=Honda civic of minis
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm needing a spacer plate in the rear to get the most out of my RE-8's. A change in wheels/tires means I'm about 1.75" from fully compressing the bag. I figure a 1.5" spacer would be good. I was thinking using a couple pieces of solid 5" aluminum round bars cut down to 1.5". Then drilling some holes and using that as my spacer.

There shouldn't be a problem using the aluminum, right? How have other people done this?

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
i need todo the same becasue i did everything for 22's in the back so im only like 3/4 to a inch from fully compressed.you could make a aluminum plate the shape of your lower bag plate and thread it. or just drill wholes were your bags mount and get longer bolts

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
if you have access to that kind of Al then use it, itll work fine, thats what ART supplies with their roadgrator kits.

·
S10=Honda civic of minis
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I have good access to the aluminum. Great actually, because nothing beats free. I work in a metal fab. shop.

Anybody know what the thread depth is in the lower bag plate? I can't remember. Just trying to figure what length bolt will work best. I remember it's 3/8"-16 bolts at least. One trip to the hardware store is usually one too many for me.

3/16" plate + 1.5" spacer + hole depth? = bolt I need

1 - 8 of 8 Posts