S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94' SS s-10, and have been considering puchasing bags. I found pik fabrications to be one of the cheapest kits. The 1/2 inch fbss kit is $795. Can anyone beat this? Are they a reputable company? I have been researching bags, but still have a few questions:

1)If I C-notch the rear with 4 inch blocks and 2 inch drop springs with this kit and have 2 inch drop spindles in front, how low will my s-10 sit?

2)How do the bags over leafs work? Are they placed above the bags? When the air pressure is increased does this lower the rear end, buy pushing down on the leaf?

3)Should I use a c-notch or stepnotch? Stepnotch seems harder to install, but welding is no problem.

4)Does a 1/2 inch FBSS kit control each wheel independently? Does FBSS mean front, back, side to side?

5)1/2 is faster, but for speed of bags should I consider manual vs. electric valves, or the size of the compressor?

6)Will 2500 lb bags work all around?

I am interested in buying a kit if you can recommend any companies that can sell one for around $1,000(give or take a couple hundred).

Thanks alot for your help!

Don

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I got my kit for 1700 from TCM it came with 'bags cups, notch, blah blah everything i needed except a welder to put it in right now i just going to mono leaf the back with 4 inch blocks...l8r

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

DO NOT, DO NOT, buy a FUNKIN thing from Nate. He is a funkin thieven beyatch. I bought a MAC valve setup from him, and I got a bag with a hole in it. He told me to send it to him and he would get me another one. I sent it to him and he said that it was two years old and had been used. He told Chassis Tech that I was scammin them. :wtf: Hes a piece of SSSSHHHHHTTTTT

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
I guess you want an answer to the q's too.

1. I had an ext. cab with 5/6 and it was way low. With the stock size 15" tires, I was tuckin a bit of them.

2. Just the opposite. Usually between axle/frame, or with leafs, you can run crossmember between frame and do like a four link. ( I think.) I have a four-link, never did do leafs with air, just seen pics.)

3. Everyone here seems to say that you can use a c-notch and still get real low. Altophobic has a custom c-notch that he made and he can really lay it out.

4. Yes, FBSS would have individual wheel control. FBSS is front, back and side to side.

5. For speed of bags, electric valves will be faster. bigger compressor will just build up your air supply.

6. 2500 should be fine. I have 2600 all the way around, and I think that 2500 would ride better.

PIK was a good price, but I wouldnt buy from him ever again. Or recommend him either.:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts